Fugitive Cop Shooter David Durham’s House Located In NEW Kyron Horman Search Grid

Sauvie Island and Waldport, Oregon- A statewide manhunt is underway during the last week for a suspected shooter of a Lincoln City policeman.
Durham+dog+lincoln+city+police+shooting+suspect2

Officer Steve Dodds was alledgedly shot more than once at close range while the incident was recorded on his patrol car dash cam. Dodds is in critical but stable condition. Dodd’s stopped David Anthony Durham for speeding Sunday evening after he left a co-worker’s party without his date, but not without his dog, Huckleberry.

Huckleberry has been recovered by police with only a minor leg injury.

It is not known what prompted the attempt on Officer Dodd’s life, but according to Durham’s own family members, he has been suffering from delusions and instability following a shoulder injury he sustained in June, 2010, for which he was taking prescription painkillers.

Michael Durham, David’s older brother and a Wildlife Photographer, pleads for his younger brother to turn himself in peacefully:

“I wouldn’t say that was a catalyst for anything,” he said. “You know, my brother has been having some issues with a shoulder injury and he had been on pain medication for the past few months. And we noticed that his ability to perceive what was real and what was not real seemed to diminish.” “My sister, Laurie, my brother Willie, myself and my mother, we love David and we want him to peacefully turn himself into the police,” said Michael Durham. “They assured us that he won’t be harmed if he’s not armed and doesn’t act in a threatening manner.”

David Anthony Durham, a resident of Sauvie Island, for the past six years, was a Sauvie Island Volunteer Firefighter, and nominated himself for director in 2007. Six months ago he was removed from active duty for erratic behavior. Durham is also reported to be an avid landscaper and outdoorsman.

Durham’s home on Sauvie Island, is directly adjacent to a highly publicized sighting from a tipster in the Kyron Horman disappearance investigation named “Chas” who claimed to have seen a woman with long red hair the morning of his disappearance at approximately 9:15AM on his way to work, in a white truck.

KyronKiaraLarry

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office has cordoned off Durham’s Sauvie Island home and access is blocked by a MCSO patrol car.

There has been a 25 person SWAT team stationed at the base of the street since Monday, as well as a second team at a vacation home in Waldport.

A co-worker of Durham’s at Willamette Blueprint & Printing described her friend as a happy go lucky guy with no emotional problems and has worked there for at least 5 years.

However, Durham failed to show up for work on Friday, indicating perhaps he had concerns prior to the Sunday shooting. In a financial document obtained exclusively by blinkoncrime.com, In September 2005 David Durham claimed he left Willamette to become a full-time college student and that he was receiving unemployment compensation directly to his Portland Teachers Credit Union Account, while seeking financial aid.

It also showed that Mr. Durham was a previous resident on Sauvie Island at another address 2.5 miles South, and directly adjacent to Logie Rd across the channel. New Intelligence Leads To New Search Efforts Today Specifics have not been released, but new intelligence, the first in 9 months, is responsible for today’s new search efforts.

Today, Newly-tasked search teams are concentrated on NW Skyline Rd, south of Rocky Point.

Desiree Young, Kyron’s Mother:

“I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now,” said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. “The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I’m excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

www.blinkoncrime.com editor Madeline Tanner contributed to this report

Related Posts:

16,918 Comments

1. Mother Hen says:

Also, if we compare responses to inquiry in the beginning and beyond, I think that Terry Horman was more forth-coming than say — the school. Do we know of legitimate authority protecting Terry Horman like they did the school in the beginning? Psychologically speaking, if you are seemingly being pegged for a crime, your previous uninhibited participation will stop. While we are all unique, we can’t really stop our innate mechanisms that have evolved with time for protection.

The school was shielded from scrutinzing inquiry by media. Point blank. I can’t find the interview right now. But I know I have provided an extemely telling history of public schools in Oregon and the systems that protect their wrong-doing.

If you find yourself up against a brick wall, you are up against a brick wall.

2. RedRose says:

The “ick” factor, for sure!
    You would have thought that would have worn out after the 70′s and the increase (publicized more, anyway) in STDs and other germy things.
    NelMel gives an intersting “motive for taking Kyron” — but I think someone was doing a vendetta against the dad and the stepmom (one of both), not necessarily trying to keep a little boy from telling things. Who would he tell or talk about it to? – unless it was that he was telling on someone that he knew (like a teacher or principal) from his school.
    Well, it almost all comes out at some point anyway – (having just read the front page headline in The Oregonian this morning…)

42.NelMel says:
    July 23, 2011 at 10:23 am
    Here, I have some cold spaghetti to throw on the nearest wall.

3. Malty says:

@Erose
    #39
    blog hog LOL
    We care?
    Any way I do plan to start writing people
    I want them to see the name Kyron Horman and think
    Just one liners
    Help find Kyron Horman Please
    MOO
    That is enough to say

4. Malty says:

This is who I wrote today. 3liner:)

5. Malty says:

Anyway these people claim to CARE about us all here in Oregon
    That includes Kyron
    Let’s see if they really do

6. MockingbirdSings says:

“Family of murdered public defender renews fight to solve crime”
    By Anna Canzano KATU NewsPublished: Jul 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM PDT

(snips)
    Portland Police Bureau investigators immediately began looking into the criminals she had defended and others she crossed paths with – or had perhaps crossed. Part of Bergeson’s job was picking apart cases prepared by federal prosecutors and police.

At 57, the petite woman was active and healthy. She rowed on a dragon boat team, ran five miles in the mornings and ate well. “She’s so strong she would have resisted unless it was somebody she felt comfortable around, and you know, that means it had to be somebody she knew,” Bergeson said. [Her mother, Marian Bergeson, is a former state senator and assemblywoman in California.]

Bergeson says detectives have gone so far as to travel to Newport Beach, Calif. and talk with her former classmates. She attended her high school reunion there three months before her murder.

The $6,000 reward fund is a combination of $1,000 from Crime Stoppers and more than $5,000 donated or pledged by people Nancy knew. Her sister, Julie, says those who don’t want to donate cash now can pledge amounts to be given later, if someone comes forward with information leading to an arrest. Pledge forms can be acquired by contacting her at jbmcc5@gmail.com.

The Crime Stoppers reward fund stood at as much as $10,000 until six months ago when, due to IRS regulations, the Portland Police Bureau said it had to reduce the amount back to $1,000.
    —————–

Sorry if this is OT, but I continue to find things in the Bergeson case that make me think regarding Kyron’s case.

1 – Investigators looking at the attendees at her high school reunion three months before. (Expands my thinking about who Terri or Kaine could be connected to (even out of town), and makes me think about the high school friends again. Also makes me wonder if someone (in either or both cases) feared they were about to be found out by the one who knew them and who could make a connection between them and a criminal or immoral act, and acted before the connection was obvious.)

2 – IRS regulations about the Crime Stoppers reward fund. I realize the MCSO and the private funds are different, but I wonder if there are IRS regulations which would also affect their amounts as noted above – either reducing them or restricting future donations. I am also curious about what happened to the Portland Police’s $9,000 that was “reduced.” (Unless someone knows the answer already, I can find out the IRS part from a friend.)

3 – There was no forced entry, she was strangled in a way that didn’t show to police until the autopsy, she was very strong and in good shape but there was no sign of a struggle, and her dog was not restrained (found lying over her body on the dining room floor).
    In our case, there was no forced entry to the school, Kyron disappeared in a way that wasn’t understood right away, he wasn’t as strong as an adult but might have attracted unwanted attention in some way, and everyone else at the SF was “unrestrained” (as was Bergeson’s dog) – it just emphasizes again that, IMO, it makes the most sense if Kyron went with (or was set up by) someone he was comfortable with or knew well – or was preconditioned to follow directions from (him or her).

MockingbirdSings, I respect and admire your tenacity.

Unrelated. I could find hundreds of cases to juxtapose based on certain elements.

If your pushing for me to write on Bergeson, say so. I cannot anytime soon based on commitments, but I have to tell you, there is no evidence Ky knew suspect zero at all, and I dare say, there is persuasive argument he did not.

Respectfully, B

7. Mother Hen says:

I do not want to sound like a broken record, but I did leave something out — Terry Horman looked like an abused and isolated woman in the press conferences. Period. Is she also the perfect target? Broken home from her onset in life (adopted), a person having a hard time getting employment — in whar we all should know is a world that is not necessarily dictated by education, intelligence, and discernment, but by assocciation and conformity.

None of the STEREOTYPING on Terry Horman was fair. And there is no accusation toward the author here, whatsoever. This is a site full of insight and opinion from many spectrums. It is great. And this is mine.

Um, that is the first I have heard someone though TH appeared abused and isolated, in fact I disagree.

How is adoption a broken home scenario? She holds a masters degree and she did not have trouble being employed, she made other choices.

I am not getting your point.

B

8. Malty says:

Frankly I don’t understand why Tony Young can’t get some buddies to help search on their own time
    But there must be a reason

9. MockingbirdSings says:

I rarely post something I’ve posted before, but I think it might help now that we are again discussing how Rudy got connected to Skyline School. I posted this around December 4th, 2010, and had posted several times on the same topic before. I had hoped that someone from the school who reads here would know one of these people and could ask. Since that hasn’t happened, either no one knows the “right” people, it’s a well kept secret, or his company was never hired directly to do work there. I researched every possibility I could think of last year – I’m posting again because after all the name searching, maybe one of the names below will sound familiar to one of you.

At one time, in another post, I suggested maybe RS had an affair with someone who then connected him to the Skyline work, and that he dumped her for TH. A bit of a stretch, but so far, I’ve seen nothing to rule it out.
    —————–

My previous post:
    I have reviewed what we have about RS and his connection to the school. Looooonnng ago I tried to figure out who actually recommended/knew/hired Rudy at the school and what exactly he did. Just because someone wrote a grant doesn’t mean that person alone had to be the one who came up with Rudy’s name and did the hiring and dispensing of the funds, plus PPS and grant sources sometimes have their own guidelines to consider.

At first, I ruled out Terri as the one who got Rudy hired – IF he was – because she didn’t seem to be that involved or have that much influence at the school. It seemed to me that Rudy might have been around the school before Terri hired him or have worked for others in the area, but we really don’t know the timeline or who else (parent or staff) knew Rudy.

my note: If it turns out that RS had the slightest part in Kyron’s disappearance and he worked on school grounds as a regular contract worker or even a regular volunteer, and he did not have a fingerprint background check, I would sue the school without a second thought – and I say that having worked for PPS and been sued myself as an employee (never lost, however).

I went back and started with Jinnet Powel who is a parent and the garden coordinator and was the only friend of Terri who agreed to talk on camera.

video version available also

The West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District honored six citizens and agencies Tuesday, October 19, for their outstanding conservation partnership over the past year. District Manager, Dick Springer, says “all award winners have played a crucial role in every conservation success. Their interest in
    conservation on their land and their ability to mobilize neighbors gives us much more strength on the ground as we work to create healthy ecosystems. All of our award winners are conservation leaders in their neighborhoods and are perfect examples of the kind of stewards we need for our land.”

The following neighbors were honored:
    Urban Cooperator of the Year: David Gooley
    Rural Cooperators of the Year: Diane Field & Dick Williams
    Outstanding Government Partner: Roy Iwai, Multnomah County Water Resources Spec.
    Outstanding Non-profit Partner: Skyline Ridge Neighbors
    Volunteer of the Year: Alice Diffely
    Green Award: Skyline School

The Skyline Ridge Neighbors is comprised of landowners who seek information and get to work on the ground. A contribution of $500 from the WMSWCD would normally be able to hire a small contracted crew to pull weeds for about 6-hours. By comparison, the SRN and other partners took the same amount of money and
    pulled weeds for 106 hours in addition to launching an entire outreach campaign on invasive weed removal. To accomplish their mission, the WMSWCD needs valuable partners like the SRN to take the lead on some projects, and the SRN is always willing thanks to their motivated membership. SRN also seeks regular District
    articles on conservation for its print and electronic newsletter, the Skyline Ridge Runner.

Miles Merwin, accepting the Outstanding Non-profit award, commented, “SRN and the Skyline neighborhood greatly value the technical support and financial assistance we have received from WMSWCD. That has enabled us to help
    educate our residents about the benefits of resource conservation and to undertake hands-on projects that would not have been possible otherwise.”

An incredibly dedicated group of parents at Skyline School serving on a Green Team has succeeded in transitioning the school toward sustainability. In addition to major habitat/grounds Improvements, they’ve replaced Styrofoam lunch and breakfast trays (more than 34,000 previously generated each year) with reusable
    ones and replaced plastic utensils with reusable silverware. The Green Team assembles recyclables, saves cafeteria food waste for local chickens and pigs, collects and rinses juice pouches as a fundraiser; and volunteers for hands-on instruction on soils biology and interactive education.

The lead parent on the Green Team is part of a regional group where she shares her experience with peers. In addition, Skyline parents secured a grant from Metro, WMSWCD and OWEB to improve habitat at the school and educate the community about local ecosystems and conservation. The level of research and thought put toward design, implementation and documentation of this project is impressive. They designed an interpretive sign, researched and planted native plants, and inventoried wildlife needs. School and community volunteers have donated more than 1,900 service hours, valued at $35,000, since receiving the grant. A wide variety of non-profit and business partners were secured from Home Depot to Eagle Scouts to Hands On Portland to accomplish the many tasks.

Skyline School Green Team member Jill Inahara says, “Working with WMSWCD on Skyline School’s Native Plant Garden has been an extremely enjoyable and educational experience. The grant money has been a tremendous help in achieving our goals. Kammy has provided invaluable guidance throughout the whole
    process. We are all very grateful for the community support we have received. Every time I am at school, I feel so proud of what we have achieved. Our native plant garden has made our school even better than it was before.”

Green Team member Jinnet Powell says, “The process has inspired me to pursue a career in conservation education. I have always enjoyed ecology but it is a different experience to come to understand the specifics of a site and how all that share the space [can] connect. Thanks for the funds that launched us on this path of discovery and made it possible.”

“We’re right there with any family who loses a child, ” said parent Jinnet Powel.
    Powel was at the science fair June 4th when Horman went missing. She will not talk about the details of the investigation but she did help him with projects.
    “I know I helped him with his letters, but I don’t know if they were good or bad, ” said Powel. “I can relate to him like I relate to my son.”

May 7th, 2010 Skyline habitat restoration and garden project
    The second part of the video has the recycling program. About 8:50 there is a man helping with the recycling – you only see his arm and front of his upper body, but it reminded me of the shape of the man (we assumed) in the yellow plaid shirt behind the SF exhibit. No reason to think it’s the same person but it could be.

If you read what I have posted and listen carefully to interviews, you get the distinct impression that most of the work was done by volunteers and (quoted from above): “A wide variety of non-profit and business partners were secured from Home Depot to Eagle Scouts to Hands On Portland to accomplish the many tasks.” This suggests to me that they spent as little money on labor as possible and may have gotten some good discounts from Home Depot – and were very responsible with their money. I just do not see where RS fit in or would have been hired. Can’t see him as a contractor through Home Depot, but maybe.

It seems to me if any of this money was used to hire RS for anything, it would be shown in the accounting they must have had to do for the grants, therefore, someone knows whether he was really hired and what he did. Both of the women named as working on this project know, maybe some reporters know, LE knows, Blink’s source knows (what work he did?) from the story where she identified him and his role, and RS himself knows. If he wasn’t really paid, perhaps someone RS was “close to” convinced him to volunteer to help and possibly make contacts for more residential work. Being a volunteer gives you more freedom to come and go than having someone expect to have to pay you when you work.

Perhaps RS was himself “planted” by some LE agency as part of an investigation of something else and met Terri that way. Maybe HE was the one blindsided by Kyron’s disappearance. (no rotten tomatoes please – unless you can prove otherwise  )

Lots of people were involved in these projects!
    (end of December post)

10. erose says:

Found it.

pps_mom says:
    October 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm
    On June 14th, I was attending a meeting. The conversation turned to Kyron. The rest of the people started staring at one person kind of anxiously. It turned out that they all knew that this person works for MCSD. Well, I sure wasn’t going to let this opportunity go by without asking for the inside scoop. This person was a bit reticent about saying too much, but did say the following:
    1. They did not think the SM “did it.”
    2. They had already gone through her car twice and it was clean.
    3. They found adult boot prints outside a door, very near to Kyron’s classroom.
    4. They were in the process of cataloging over 4000 pieces of potential evidence. Garbage bag after garbage bag of stuff that she said would take weeks to decipher.
    —————–
    A couple of weeks later we all meet again. By this time, the MFH plot has surfaced, restraining orders are in place, and TH is out of the house. Of course, all of us turn to this person with looks on our faces like, “WTF.” I think at least a couple people say something to the effect that, “it looks like it WAS the SM, Right?” Here’s where it gets weird: This person sort of shrugs their shoulders and says “yeah, I guess they (MCSD) were wrong.” And then completely clams up on us. We have met many times since then (not every time has the subject of Kyron come up), but when he has, this person turns to stone.

I had always taken this person’s sudden change in behavior as them feeling “sheepish” for having told us inside intelligence that was clearly so poor or that this person wasn’t in the real loop at work.

I am starting to get the sense that this person and all of LE was under a very tight Gag Order that maybe didn’t go into effect until the case started getting more complicated.

So here is the question to you Blink (or to any Blinkster who might be in the know): Does LE have the power to shut down information being released in this case so tightly? Can they stop the Media from investigating on it’s own? Would the Media really comply? I find it hard to fathom, given our Journalistic community post-Watergate.

Or is it just so quiet, because there really is no real credible information to tell? The silence is deafening!

TY to TIA B for all you do!

11. erose says:

Neighbor, This sent a shiver up my spine, more so now then when you posted it.

neighbor says:
    October 5, 2010 at 11:55 am
    @pps_mom said “And on a different note, I know that our PPS school has made no drastic changes in security. We have been reminded to check in at the office, but there are no cameras and no one making sure that people comply when entering the building. Very frustrating. ”
    ————-
    Add to that that people without background check are still allowed to volunteer in the classrooms. Frustrating indeed.

12. MockingbirdSings says:

I am working on a letter to Oregon’s Attorney General and the Governor. Will give you more when finished. I have a specific purpose and proposal.

I want to be very careful not to cause Desiree to feel like what control she does have in this investigation and the extreme focus she has on the direction she believes it should go is becoming scattered or confused by anything I do. To us, it looks like taking action, and relief to be doing something more public, and helping her find Kyron. To her, it may look like that, or may not because she sees from a deeply hurting heart and great personal stress.

I’m not saying stop and don’t act – not at all. Just concerned that for her to handle additional stress which we may cause by opening doors and approaching LE, MSM, the school district, and whoever else, we need to keep our focus and organization manageable for her as well as ourselves. (Kaine’s perspective is different.)

Not sure I’m saying this very well – arrrrgh.
    GraceintheHills – do you know what I am trying to say? Can you say it better? Blink?

Not without understanding your focus or intent, no.
    B

13. Mother Hen says:

Erose,

I volunteer at my daughter’s school in Oregon. I learned that I did not have a background check performed by the school and I was assisting children directly in a variety of ways. The progression of the Kyron Horman case, as well as another interest, lead to my inquiry . It was disturbing to say the least. When I responded with “Oh, wow! Really?” the employee in the front office told me that I had “slipped through the cracks.”

I can tell you that my daughter is an amazing and loving child who has been a target and bullied by other children. I am relentless about complaints and action. What I have found in two instances is that no REAL action was taken when the child’s parent was friends with the principal and another incident where the child was the grandchild of a district employee of another school. In a word, it is outrageous.

There was a story I was told by mother of a middle-school child. She said he was ADHD. The child was frequently targeted by the teacher. One day, the teacher punished the child and the punishment included punishing the entire class. After class, this child with ADHD was approached by some bullies — and he was held face down in a puddle of water as punishment for having the class punished. This is attempted murder that went unpunished because of who the parents were. I cried when I heard this story.

I have told the school that I will remove my child and home-school if there is one more incident. My child has been physically assaulted twice, where both times teachers were witnesses. The first time, the child who hit my daughter was sent home. The second time, the child was protected.

I am completely against bullies of any kind.

I am missing the point, and hopeful to reel or “real” the conversation back to Kyron please.
    B

14. erose says:

Great post, and definitely worth a second look. I just wanted to add that we subsequently found “Hands on Portland” to be one of the venues that a person sentenced to community service can use to complete their hours. ANYONE could have “volunteered.”

I think our answer about RS is in the background checks and how reliable they are. We could look all day long and not find him because he presented himself as someone else, thus was hired, either in the capacity of a collective bargaining agreement as an employee, or his firm.

This begs another question. If a firm is hired to perform on school grounds, who vetts the employees of the firm? Though there is no evidence that RS Landscape and Maintenance was hired by Skyline, or even PPS, how would the district manage background checks on all the employee of that firm, or would they leave that up to the firm?

MockingbirdSings says:

Urban Cooperator of the Year: David Gooley
    Rural Cooperators of the Year: Diane Field & Dick Williams
    Outstanding Non-profit Partner: Skyline Ridge Neighbors
    Volunteer of the Year: Alice Diffely
    Green Award: Skyline School

May 7th, 2010 Skyline habitat restoration and garden project

Lots of people were involved in these projects!
    (end of December post)
    ____________
    I’m not exactly sure what your point is her. Can you please elaborate? Thanks!

16. Rose says:

@Malty, re Sen. Wyden writing: Keep in mind it’s likely in less than 2 weeks his offices will be shut down awhile. Better to phone your local House member’s office in Oregon.

17. summertime says:

here not her sorry

18. Mother Hen says:

I have no idea what your talking about, or how this is relevant.
    B

19. erose says:

I will acquiesce to the group, but I was going to write:

Do you stand behind the statement that this is an isolated incident (aka – Are our schools safe?)

and now, after the presser,

Do you plan on securing additional resources to complete the searches for Kyron Horman, or do we need to plan a grass roots effort for this family?

20. erose says:

Correction:
    I guess that wasn’t a presser, it was an interview.

21. Rose says:

@M’bird. I think any mom would be grateful for an event to raise $ for those 3 searches.

22. erose says:

NOBODY wants to ever see this happen again, including a politician that is on the record calling this an isolated incident.

23. erose says:

This guy is too busy, we won’t bother him right now. FCOL.

24. Mother Hen says:

PRIVATE -

There is no response required. I think you are perceiving things in the wrong light – not as intended. It happens to everyone from time to time.

The nature of your work is stressful. We can all become sressed. All of my posts have been intended to help – whether or not you can see that right now. And you ultimately don’t have to.

Last post. No need to respond.

You have to be kidding me. Every single time I extend myself, and give you another opportunity to participate you bring the drama. Your the misunderstood, the rest of us are “stressed” or short sighted in some way. We don’t get it. And when we “dont” Mother Hen appears to point out our niave et te. How many “last posts” have you had now?

Start a blog, it will work wonders. Have I given you this advice in the past?

I am stressed, I am stressed that I have to deal with romper room crap, which I know follows in your wake everywhere you go.

Blessings and peace to you as this is your last post.

B

25. Rose says:

@Beejay & others. Did you establish RS is not Ubaldo? (I realize he’s not Jaime.) Perhaps they share the same SSN use. Now that I know he uses another person’s SSN, I just see him as a common con artist, or flimflam man.
    Terri was just his latest con. There were other varieties out there I bet. But no one ever admits he was taken afterwards.

26. Rose says:

@E-Rose. 7/23 5:52 pm. My experience with pulic schools is that in the agreement signed with the private business the owner has conducted background checks of his employees & warrants there are no felons or sex offenders. There is boilerplate language

27. Lea Conner says:

NelMel says: July 23, 2011 at 12:51 pm
    “Regarding DY’s statement that LE does not currently have the resources to search remaining search grids.
    “I assume this refers to areas that she stated still needed to be searched last winter.
    “There has to be a way to organize searches at this time. If ‘the search for Kryon’ fund raising is not for an actual search, what is it for?????
    “Was this a comment she made to put out the idea that others have raised money, and…well….WTH are they raising money for????
    “Additionally, the whole package of an effort — donated materials and personnel, donated time, etc — are possibilities.
    “So I’m just blurt it right out: If I were in DY’s shoes, and LE told me that they did not have ‘the resources’ the finish a search they started last winter that was based (presumably) on a lead or leads, I’d look right back at them and say ‘B*llSh*t.’
    “Very, very suspicious of the ‘no resources’ explanation for no searching.”

I don’t understand the claim that there are not enough resources to conduct further searches. The last search on Saturday and Sunday March 26 and 27, 2011, was primarily conducted by volunteer searchers:
    “The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said crews were out searching near NW Skyline Blvd and NW Moreland Road Saturday. Sunday the base of operations was moved to NW Dixie Mountain Road, near the Multnomah-Washington County border.
    “‘Approximately seventy personnel in total were involved today, bringing the weekend searcher and overhead staff numbers to 130 for the weekend,’ Lt. Mark Matsushima said. ‘While some paid staff were represented in these numbers, the greater majority are trained and certified citizen volunteers serving their communities through search and rescue services.’”

Note that the search area was in the immediate vicinity of where Javier Trejo-Richarte’s body was found on Saturday March 5, 2011:
    “Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said the man whose body was found Saturday in Northwest Portland may have been there a week. The body of Javier Trejo-Richarte, 35, was found at about 6 p.m. Saturday off Northwest Skyline Boulevard, between Johnson and Moreland roads, said sheriff’s office spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand.
    “The sheriff’s office said an autopsy revealed no signs of trauma. Cause of death is pending following results from toxicology tests.”

Also, do who came up with the list of areas that remain to be searched, i.e. is it the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office list, or is this a list of searches requested by Desiree Young?

Another thought: Several people have raised questions regarding Bring Kyron Home wristbands and T-shirts, and what purpose they serve, i.e. why not increase the reward or use the money for searches. In my personal opinion, T-shirts and wristbands (and trucks with Kyron’s photo on the side) increase the likelihood that people outside the area would recognize Kyron.

The Washington State Patrol partnered with Gordon Trucking to put Kyron’s photo on the side of trucks, a plan which was announced on January 21, 2011, which was two days before David Anthony Durham shooting:

In my opinion, the wristbands, T-shirts, and WSP effort to put Kyron’s photos on the sides of trucks only makes sense if there is some kind of solid information that Kyron is still alive. It’s one thing for parents to hold out such beliefs long after any likelihood of rescue has passed, and another for a law enforcement agency to take actions indicating such a belief.

28. Riverpearl says:

STARTING w/ Governor & working thru Depts

PART #1 — “A -thru- J”

[@ This LINK: http://dasapp.oregon.gov/statephonebook/index.asp
    Is "A ~ Z State Agency Directory"
    &
    IF you scroll to Dept you want than "CLICK"
    &

Governor Phone #: 503-378-3111

Phone
    Governor’s Citizens’ Representative Message Line
    503-378-4582

Fax
    503-378-6827

@ LINK is the ability to email – CHECK the BOX: “A Response is Requested” @ Bottom of Form: http://governor.oregon.gov/Gov/contact.shtml

Governor’s Office
    State Capitol Building
    900 Court Street NE
    Fax: (503) 378-6827
    Web site: http://www.governor.oregon.gov

Governor’s Chief of Staff Curtis Robinhold (503) 373-1565
    Communications Director Tim Raphael (503) 378-8197

Nice to have a name & # for Info: Information/Reception Kourtney Linebaugh (503) 378-3111
    ———————————————–

Supreme Court Building
    1163 State St
    Salem, OR 97301-2563
    Fax: (503) 373-2238
    Web site: http://www.courts.oregon.gov/ojd

Director Mollie Croisan (503) 986-5924
    Security/Emergency Preparedness Trainer/LEDS Coordinator Rod MacLean (503) 986-5522
    Technology Communication Manager Mary Olson (503) 986-7046

Information and Reception (503) 378-4400

Criminal Intelligence Unit
    Director Kenneth Rueben (503) 378-6347
    Information and Reception (503) 378-6347

District Attorneys Assistance
    Information and Reception (503) 378-6347

High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA)
    HIDTA Director Chris Gibson (503) 378-5123
    Information and Reception (503) 378-5123
    Fax: (503) 373-3196

Organized Crime
    Asst Chief Criminal Investigator Mike Loughary (503) 378-6347
    Special Agent in Charge Page McBeth (503) 378-6347
    Information and Reception (503) 378-6347
    Fax: (503) 373-1936

Western States Information Network (WSIN)
    Regional Coordinator Steve Evans (503) 378-6347
    Regional Coordinator Sean Pritchard (503) 378-6347
    Information (503) 378-6347
    Fax: (503) 373-2261
    ————————————————————–

29. erose says:

Thought so, so if the contractor drops the ball on background checks, then what? (Rhetorical).

Rose says:
    July 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm

30. Riverpearl says:

CONTINUE – PART #2

“L -thru- P”

FWIW — I am including MANY Depts. Different people may see one dept stands out to them as needing a CALL TO ACTION over another … so I’m trying to give a mix.

Yes, this will NOT be ALL exclusive -but- a big start.

Oh, and this will take a few days to “search, c/p -and- post”, so please have patience :)

Thanks

—————————————————————-
    Oregon Advocacy Commission
    3218 Pringle Road SE, Suite 270
    Salem, OR 97302
    Fax: (503) 378-2139
    TTY: (503) 373-1427
    Web site: http://www.sos.state.or.us/bbook/state/executive/Advocacy_Comm/advocacy_comm_duties.htm

Administrator Helen Hoang (503) 378-2139

Commission For Women
    Oregon Advocacy Commission
    3218 Pringle Road SE, Suite 270
    Salem, OR 97302
    Fax: (503) 378-2139
    TTY: (503) 373-1427
    Web site: http://www.oregon.gov/women

*I figure since there is a Commission For Women — why NOT include in our CALL TO ACTION. :)

Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office: Present Duties

OACO home

The Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office (OACO) was created in 2005 to support the work of the Commissions on Asian, Black, and Hispanic Affairs and the Commission for Women, which serve as the liaisons between these groups of citizens and government entities. The OACO provides administrative support to the commissions as they strive to establish economic, social, legal and political equality for minorities and women in Oregon.

The OACO assists the commissions in monitoring existing programs and legislation designed to meet the needs of women and minority populations and helps research issues affecting women and minority communities. The OACO works with the commissions to identify programs, projects and activities the OACO will undertake regarding those issues.
    —————————————————————————

Suite 240
    Fax: (503) 378-4574
    Web site: http://www.traveloregon.com

DIRECTOR Todd Davidson (Todd@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8847
    VISITOR INFORMATION (503) 378-8850
    CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER Scott West (Scott@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8854
    MANAGER, INDUSTRY RELATIONS Carole Gibbs Astley (Carole@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8853
    MANAGER, TOURISM DEVELOPMENT & SUSTAINABILITY Kristin Dahl (Kristin@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-2104
    DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MARKETING Kevin Wright (Kevin@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8858
    MANAGER, PUBLIC RELATIONS Michelle Godfrey (Michelle@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8861

DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL SALES & MARKETING Teresa O’Neill (Teresa@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8863

MANAGER, TRAVEL TRADE, THE AMERICAS Lisa Itel (Lisa@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8875

MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TRADE Rob Thomas (Rob@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8851

MANAGER, EUROPEAN SALES/MARKETING Petra Hackworth (Petra@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8852

COORDINATOR, TRAVEL TRADE Chris Chester (Chris@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-8865

PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR Linea Gagliano (Linea@TravelOregon.com) (503) 378-2084
    ————————————————————————————-

Police, Oregon State Department Of
    3772 Portland Rd NE
    Web site: http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/

Director Tricia Whitfield (503) 378-3070
    ———————————————————————

31. Riverpearl says:

Just a FYI — as I have started to post, I have NOT read post since last night, so IF there are Name/s &/or Dept/s etc some one has requested/thought of — I will get there.

I am STARTING w/ STATE Government/ Depts.
    There will be Federal ie Senators etc
    There will be City & County

It just takes time to get it all together.

Thanks :)

Information Technology Specialist Matt Garrett (503) 373-0951
    Records Specialist Sandra Quiroz (503) 373-0920

————————————————————————————

34. Riverpearl says:

PART #5

“U -thru- Z”

I am stopping for the night, but Part #1 -thru- Part #5 are Oregon State Government Dept. Contact Listings.

A start to CALL TO ACTION.

Thanks :)

ISS Manager Clifford Priddy (503) 986-0024
    Network Administration Dean Kelly (503) 986-0042
    Program Analyst Helen Wang (503) 986-0055
    Network Support John Rieder (503) 986-0040
    —————————————————————————-

36. MockingbirdSings says:

For those who wonder about my RS re-post – and summertime who says: “I’m not exactly sure what your point is her. Can you please elaborate? Thanks!”

There were questions coming up again about who hired RS to work at the school. I did some research to try to figure that out before and was hoping someone who didn’t see it in December, might see something that stood out. If someone recommended him to work at the school, who was it and why? If not, how did he get the work? If you read all the descriptions about what was done and the volunteer hours and help from places like Home Depot, it seems even odder that RS would have been hired to do something volunteers were said to be doing or something his company wasn’t licensed to do. Did someone he worked for get him to volunteer to possibly get more clients in the area? Did another company subcontract with him or hire him to add to their crew?

IF he really worked there, why is it so hard to find this out?

ALSO – as I have said before, my personal experience with PPS as an employee and volunteer is that a background check was required for everyone who worked directly with a child or children. I know because I retired, volunteered with switchboard and records and was not required to get checked, then volunteered helping with my previous job helping students and did have to get checked.

However, there is background checking and there is “background checking.” I was fingerprinted. If someone does a background check by name and birthdate (even with SS number), IMO, it is totally worthless – and also if it is not done as a national check by LE – a state check is not enough.

I am hoping PPS now requires the fingerprinting of everyone, paid or volunteer, working directly with children or not. I thought I read they changed that fairly recently.

If someone was hired as a PPS employee, HR would be sure it happened, but volunteers who come in to help out would be the principal’s responsibility – not the principal’s choice, but his job to be sure it happened. Same with someone paid through fundraising or a grant without going through PPS. And the principal is also a “line of defense” regarding whether companies like Home Depot have verified the checking of their workers and their contracted company workers assigned there.

In other words, if a parent went to a school and offered to help in the library or on the playground, there is no way the district would know about it unless the staff and principal followed the proper procedures – ultimately, the principal’s responsibility.

In my case, the principal’s secretary who knew me well told me to go ahead and get started with the work I was doing, but the principal said no even though we were friends. Other staff members said, “Oh, for pity sakes!” But he was right. Not every principal may follow procedures to the letter as he did.

37. MockingbirdSings says:

Rose says:
    July 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Yes, I am sure you are right that she would greatly appreciate money for searches.

38. Riverpearl says:

Totally agree.

Let us see their walking matching their talking …

—————————————
    Just one liners
    Help find Kyron Horman Please
    MOO
    That is enough to say

@Malty says:
    July 23, 2011 at 1:45 pm
    This is who I wrote today. 3liner:)

@Malty says:
    July 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm
    Anyway these people claim to CARE about us all here in Oregon
    That includes Kyron
    Let’s see if they really do

39. MockingbirdSings says:

My Stars Mockingbird sings, that was not to you, lol.

I should have been more clear, I appolly.
    B

40. Riverpearl says:

Yes, same thing I have been saying & questioning.

MCSO has NOT ONCE used GENERAL public to search.
    They have only allowed “trained SARs”.
    Most of those SARs have been FREE VOLUNTEER SARs.
    {They pay for their transportation, equipment & donate their time].

A few times there has been some MCSO SAR people involved.
    But MCSO has been the LEAD on ANY search.

So is THAT the rub — the MCSO does NOT want to pay STAFF to LEAD/HANDLE search ??

BUT there is the $$ donated to the MCSO SAR Acct FOR Kyron.
    No accounting from MCSO w/regards to those $$.

So here is CONTCT INFO of Sheriff Office:

Sheriff Daniel Staton
    501 SE HAWTHORNE BLVD., SUITE 350
    PORTLAND, OR 97214

PHONE: (503) 988 – 4300
    FAX: (503) 988 – 4320

-AND-

Thought this might be of use — a request to them to LEAD searches ??
    FWIW — Former Sheriff Bob Skipper might be a person to contact … hmmm

MCSO Retirees
    503-251-2469
    mcsoretirees@gmail.com

The purposes of this Association shall be:

To provide mutual support and encouragement for Association members and retirees.
    To maintain contact among retirees.
    To work to mitigate impacts on retirees related to changes in public employee pensions, insurance, etc.
    To gather and disseminate to members information of general interest which may be helpful to them as retirees.

Current Board of Directors:

MCSO Law Enforcement Division
    Chief Deputy Jason Gates
    503-255-3600

Cold Case Team
    Sgt Keith Krafve
    503-255-3600
    Anyone with information regarding these Cold Cases is urged to email the MCSO Cold Case Tip Line or call the Cold Case Tip Line at 503-251-2404.

DETECTIVES
    Sgt Keith Krafve
    503-255-3600

If you have a case already under investigation, call: 503-255-3600.
    Please provide your case number and you will be connected with the Detective working on your case.

Cold Case Homicides – if you have information on any of these homicides, please contact the MCSO detectives unit at 503-251-2404.

Special Investigations
    Sgt. Jan Kubic
    503-255-3600

Search & Rescue Unit

MISSION STATEMENT
    Our mission is to enhance the safety of the public who reside, work, or recreate in the remote areas of Multnomah County by forming partnerships with volunteer organizations dedicated to the prevention of, and prompt response to, emergencies involving lost or injured persons, or created by natural disasters.

By Oregon Revised Statutes, the Sheriff of each respective county is responsible for the administration and operational aspects of all Search and Rescue (SAR) activities in their County.

Under this mandate, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office maintains the Search and Rescue Unit under the Law Enforcement Division. The unit is composed of eight Law Enforcement Deputies and Sergeants trained in the Incident Command System, Managing Search Operations, and Search and Rescue standards as set forth by the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association.

The function of the unit is to:

Facilitate and coordinate all search and rescue activities and resources within the unincorporated areas of Multnomah County, and to perform the same functions, when requested, within the incorporated municipalities of Multnomah County.
    By Intergovernmental Agreement, and upon request, lend Search and Rescue assistance to other counties
    Provide assistance to the Office of Emergency Management during times of disaster or public emergency
    The main focus of the SAR Unit is to provide planning, preparedness, and the coordination of resources.For field resources, like most other counties in Oregon, Multnomah County relies on a number of highly trained volunteer SAR organizations for the personnel needed to conduct SAR missions. This allows for the highest quality SAR services at the least cost to the citizens of Multnomah County and the state of Oregon.

Youth can begin certification training at 13 years old provided they turn 14 years old by June of the following year from when training commences. Training begins around the third week of September each year. Certification testing is in May. Those with experience may be able to start later than September.

Reserve Deputy Program
    Coordinator: Sergeant Olsen

K-9 Unit
    503-255-3600

Dive Team
    Sgt Travis Gullberg
    503-255-3600

All names & #s @: http://www.mcso.us/public/
    Can do email from LINK above.

Maybe it’s time to ring a few phones w/questions & CALL TO ACTION @ MCSO ???

Thanks :)

—————–
    @Lea Conner says:
    July 23, 2011 at 9:41 pm

41. Riverpearl says:

Mayor Sam Adams
    @MayorSamAdams [Twitter]

This LINK :http://www.portlandonline.com/mayor/index.cfm?c=51109 has LINKS to send EMAI, Twitter, & Facebook

Whoa ….INVITE SAM TO AN EVENT

PRIORITIES
    EDUCATION http://www.portlandonline.com/mayor/index.cfm?c=49525
    POLICE & SAFETY [Sammy oversees ...]

Portland Police Bureau
    1111 S.W. 2nd Avenue
    Portland, Oregon 97204

Chief Michael Reese [Biography]

Chief’s Office Phone, 503-823-0000
    Chief’s Office Fax, 503-823-0342
    Chief’s Office Email, Online Form

Submit Crime Tips: 503-823-HELP (4357)

Home page Sam Adams: http://www.portlandonline.com/mayor/index.cfm

Phone: 503-823-4519

Police Bureau
    1111 SW 2nd Avenue, 97204
    Phone: 503-823-0000
    Non-Emergency Phone: 503-823-3333
    ______________________________________________________________

Will get email contact tomorrow

Thanks :)

42. Riverpearl says:

Geez there is email info on City of Portland post @ 12:58am …

Time to stop … sheesh

Thanks :)

43. erose says:

I <3 U for so many reasons, but this made me say it.

Malty says:
    July 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm
    @Erose
    #39
    blog hog LOL
    We care?
    Any way I do plan to start writing people
    I want them to see the name Kyron Horman and think
    Just one liners
    Help find Kyron Horman Please
    MOO
    That is enough to say

44. Malty says:

Well wow all those names
    And it would not surprise me if Desiree has been writting letters herself
    I know I would

@Rose
    About Terri not being the first con by RS
    I agree if that is what happened , some how he got to pull weeds where children were
    And that is a worry to think about , is this rare or what?

Lots
    of good posts here as always

45. Malty says:

Also when RS was at the Horman place
    He probably toured and checked the lay out and the neighbor’s
    Places to
    When I say RS I am including his crew also
    Who ever they were
    This guy illegal fake ID the whole bit

46. sma says:

Just curious, the sighting of the white truck with a female driver

“We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday,” Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away”

And then a woman that posted on a couple of sites stating seeing a boy early July 2010 near Cathedrahl City, CA she states she thought he said his name was Byron and “he said” no it’s Kyron. Then stated the lady was not his mother but his father and mother’s friend. She also stated the woman was blonde and was driving a white truck.

Out of all the info, these are the only 2 similar accounts that have been reported that are similar, MOO.

The woman stated she gave FBI the plate number and they have the video tapes from the store. Curious if they actually followed up on this. Could this woman actually been a friend or known by Kaine, Terri or Desiree?

Blink, any thoughts????

From my experience with them in this case, and every other, the FBI follows up on all leads whether it is handled by the individual field offices or turned over to MCSO task force.
    B

47. Rose says:

Riverpearl, you’re amazing. What a time saver for us, time consumer for you. So many opportunities to write I’ll have to finally install my computer after a year. Don’t bother with Federal list for the next month. Only one thing is on the minds of Federal employees–what day in early August the lights go out & they go home & when their final paycheck is.
    I see almost nothing on local Portland media station & paper apps about this from Oregonlive to Fox. much about Wu & sex & nothing about the the FAA already being partially shut down, for example. Good luck at keeping track of those small planes & airports! Anyway if you write anyone Federal about Kyron now, expect zero attention.

48. Rose says:

If Desiree could place a story on HuffPost with a picture of Kyron rather than JVM, that’d be a coup–has merged with aol & now international. They’ve covered Anthony & other tragedies. Covering Caylee’s law, Florida actions, etc.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI