Kyron Horman Missing Case: Terri Horman Breaks Her Silence In People Magazine Interview

New York, NY-  For nearly five and a half years Terri Horman has refused to speak publicly about her step-sons case.  Outside of one assertion of her innocence while on the stand in a name change hearing she ultimately was denied, Horman did not speak to any reporters or answer any of their questions regarding Kyron Hormans disappearance. Until Now.

Horman courtesy of People

Horman was interviewed by People Magazines Elaine Aradillas for both the print and online editions,  and will be doing a series of personal interviews over the next week, to include wwww.blinkoncrime.com.

In the brief online video excerpt , the second part to air on ABC’s Good Morning America Friday morning,  Horman  maintains she is deaf in her left ear, a critical factor in the outcome of her first polygraph.

“… At what point are Kyron’s biological parents going to realize I don’t have the answers, they need to change this thing around…”

“…There is so much the public is not being told about this investigation, that’s why I am doing this- nobody is looking for Kyron…”

Horman’s interview drew sharp reactions from Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, Kyron’s parents.

“…Why is she silent for 5 1/2 years if she is innocent.  I want her to tell me where Kyron is.  If she is innocent she should call Multnomah County Sheriffs Office and sit down for an interview…”-  Desiree Young

“Hi friends. Yes I am well aware of the tabloid journalism piece in the media today. FYI – there will be more of the same coming Friday
We have a HOST of MCSO and FBI investigators STILL standing by with interviews and polygraphs when someone actually wants to cooperate. FEEL FREE TO STOP BY THEY ARE WAITING!! STILL!! Until then we’ll stick with the scores of people with valid/accurate information and the failed polygraphs as the only actual actions taken to-date.  To all of you: how about not linking the article/interview?
REMEMBER KYRON?!?!? This is what we need to be focused on!!
Love you Kyron!!” – Kaine Horman post on his Facebook Page

Christina Stoy, www.blinkoncrime.com Editor In Chief was able to confirm with Ms. Horman directly that she has been willing to meet with Kyron’s investigators both previously and in the future with the sole provision that it be conducted in the presence of her Attorney,  Portland criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze.

Horman went on to say that investigators with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have been well aware of “that” over the last five and a half years and they have never requested an interview.  Um, What?

Horman reveals some shocking details about the subsequent polygraphs examinations referenced by Kaine Horman and Desiree Young and other allegations of improper tactics on behalf of MCSO in the second half of her interview to air tomorrow morning on abc’s GMA and on Nightline.

Related Posts:

4,701 Comments

1. Rose says:

I see that’s a different CRC. This one reviews PPB findings officers
    did not engage in misconduct. Still a bizarre PPB stance to refuse
    cooperation with a CRC.

2. Rose says:

@NelMel, chef extraordinaire. wrt ” I believe now that neither one of them give a damn about finding their son. It is only about destroying TMH.” There is one other consistant variable besides destroying TMH (housing, work, childrens’ attachments) that the bios have aggressively used FB surrogates and stranger-supporters like Soldier for:
    raising money for their project du jour.

3. Rose says:

To Underhill’s undoubted distress, the bios and their families’ behaviors since the abduction have rendered them and their family members the least credible witnesses ever, and any sensible DA would not only not call them, he’d fight tooth & nail to keep a defense attorney from doing so. The landscaper’s credibility is gone as well. Soldier continues to call for “tips” to Kelly’s tip email.

also, they have ruined many other perhaps credibke original investigation sources of info by compromising it calling for duplicate sending to the Davidsons…. after her statements about Terri. That Staton doesn’t care about & stop that tells me he had no useable relevant “tips” in the first place.
    No way in hell a DA could ever use in Court a single one of the “tips” that passed both thru Kelly’s and MCSO’s hands.

That the DA does not shut down this acting out on his or other FB pages, NelMel, tells me he never intends to bring a case unless Kyron’s body is found with identifiable dna all over it, or is dug up from the actual perpetrator’s own yard which no one else had access to. That is why he can’t be bother with these hangers on’s acting out.

4. Rose says:

with this 2016 election, Underhill will have more than 30 years in soon.
    (the Oregon Way is he’ll resign before his new 4 yr term is up in 2020
    so his successor can be appointed/anointed.)

5. cd says:

Rose says:
    April 3, 2016 at 3:48 pm

It would be easiest to close out that gofundme campaign (leaving the record open online as a legacy),
    and open a new campaign (same site, different campaign goal).
    ———-
    The original amount of the Gofundme was $50.000 to pay for DY’s $10,000,000 law suit which she dropped.

The thing about the Gofundme page is that it is meant for goal orientated donations (i.e..I ned help to get a wheelchair it costs $8000 when the $8000 goal is reached the Gofundme is shut down because the goal has been achieved). Gofundme is not meant for ongoing charitable donations. I think if Kyron’s Gofundme ever reaches $50,000 (the goal amount) then it will be shut down. It will be interesting to watch and see.

Hopefully no one donating has tried to get a tax deduction from a Gofundme donation because Gofundme is not a charity its just a request for monies for whatever purpose the collector wants.

I think the reason DY dropped the tort suit was because she DDS took the 5th amendment(142 times). DY may have been able to get the judge to compel DDS to answer deposition questions but then DDS would have had immunity.

The (142) 5th amendment answers could have been a legal gambit to get DDS immunity if she did answer the civil suit questions. Considering DDS’s lawyer was a friend of hers and not a criminal lawyer that would have been a slick move.

But since DDS testified before the Grand Jury(without taking the 5th) and took an MCSO lie doctor test in 2013, the 142 unanswered question given to DY’s tort attorney are moot. I noticed after DDS testified and took the lie doctor test Kyron was not found and no arrests were made so she must not have known as much as DY hoped she did.

cd ( nice to see you not testing, lol) You are correct that had DDS been compelled to testify she would have been granted (in effect) immunity from her testimony in any criminal proceeding where such testimony might be used. Here’s the thing- at the time of DDS immunity and subsequent appearance before the gj- the civil case was in abatement. So the first pending motion to be renewed would be that very issue- compulsion to testify. The reason DY dropped her suit was because DDS COULD NOW RESPOND TO ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS (if proper). DDS would have absolutely answered them and would have been compelled to if she did not volunteer on her own as she was already cleared.

Dy dropped her suit for one reason- it was meritless, and DDS being cleared made that apparent to the court considering DDS could testify that she was cleared by a polygraph that she had no knowledge nor involvement in what happened to Kyron- I dare one person to tell me what other witness spent six hours on the stand in either gj. Personally, I am an advocate for civil remedy if proper in such cases- that said, I am absolutely not a fan of anyone asking a civil attorney who is paid on recovery or award to be a recipient of funds through a 3rd party.

Ill just leave that thought here.

6. cd says:

cd says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    April 5, 2016 at 1:20 am
    My spell checker keeps changing lie detector to lie doctor oh well. just substitute detector wherever you see doctor in my last post.

7. erose says:

If TH had anything to do with Kyron’s disappearance then why don’t they arrest her, what are they waiting for 6+ years later? They can’t arrest her for murder, because they won’t call it a murder. They can’t arrest her for kidnapping because they won’t call it that. All I know is he is missing and endangered. There is no double jeopardy for custodial interference, why don’t they at least arrest her for that? But. they. don’t.

MCSO and the DA gave the citizens of Multnomah County a paint-by-numbers be our star witness so we can indict these two reds in poster form, and nobody bit. Do they release anymore information to progress this case? Do they roll the dice on a prosecution? Instead, they hold the cards close to their vests. Will we ever see their hand? -and- What if they don’t have a hand?

At some point in time, a rational person would redirect their anger and repetition into something constructive and start to hold the people handling this case accountable. From the get go, a rational person would want to know from the authorities how a child could go missing from a school, what was the failure within Skyline allowed this, how Kyron was seen after TH left the school but she is an unofficial suspect, why no MFH charges were never brought, how someone never charged with a crime could lose custody of their child, etc.

Until the authorities offer anything in the way of evidence against TH, I have to presume her innocent. I’m American that way.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

I am aware of more than one case where a parent actually called the other and said they killed the child. Parent later converted story to a threat and stated they gave the child to strangers. Naturally parent arrested and tried on interference charge- no other provable crime. I swear. the problem here is that many have subscribed to the notion that Kyron’s disappearance is complex- to some degree for many, that CSI effect.

I have no direct knowledge of this- but neither does MCSO nor the DA- it cannot be excluded that a creepy dude came to Skyline, lured a child for criminal purpose, and took him. 6 years later, you would think a flippin grownup somewhere, anywhere, with standing would acknowledge that –

There is no conclusive evidence against TH, and “conclusive” is a generous term. To my knowledge the only substantive “evidence” as to Kyron’s case revolves around “the person LE does not know about” per Kyron’s father.

But. they. didn’t. Is a keeper, lol. Yes, the presumption of innocence- that notion, I mean constitutional right. I have to say I am not sure when this became my constant companion, but even in the most egregious cases I have become pretty deft at applying it, if at the very least, to insure justice for a victim. Kyron so deserves that.

8. Rose says:

OT, or maybe not.
    Steve Wax is a US hero imo.
    His phase “illusory sense of closure” sadly fits Desiree.
    Imo biofather knows better.

9. Rose says:

@Blink. apologies if you are into semester finals,

wrt erose says:
    April 2, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Insight? is your progressive insight
    Into the crime of abduction itself?
    AND/OR into his being targeted vs random?
    and/or into an opportunistic setting for?
    and/or into involvement of the landscaper?
    and/into substance abuse?
    and/or into kh’s reported zest for 3ways?
    and/or into Horman’s nuclear system pre- and/or post- abduction
    and the preabduction functioning of kyron wrt both bioparents in the home fronts?
    and/or into NEW but weighty Stepfather?

and anything I missed where insight woukd be helpful to we pelebians?

It is I who needs to apologize. Blink Jr second to Dx with mono and a settled case that fell apart and required hearings out of state. What do you call the return trip of a red eye? Was this to me or erose? If to me, please repost and I will address once in non-zombie status.

I appreciate everyone’s patience over the last few.

10. T. Ruth says:

Hello, anyone out there? I don’t have much to say except Happy Spring, and then I want to say what Spring? You all back East are having snow and Oregon is climbing into the high eighties (summer temps) this week, only to supposedly drop down into the normal 60′s next week. What the heck? 25 years ago my lilacs didn’t bloom until late April-early-May, now they’re blooming first week of April. (PS I love lilac scent, can never be too early for me. :) )

T.Ruth- I grew up with lilacs and as a kid my room was lavender paint with lilac bloom wallpaper ( I am 47 and my Mom was an interior decorator so nobody diss) I planted a dwarf lilac last year and it has bud activity, but definitely needs a few weeks. We had snow yesterday, but a week of 70s before Easter. Not sure my Mom would approve, but I served Christmas dinner in dress shorts and flip flops (apron). It was 75. Crazy.

11. A Texas Grandfather says:

NelMel

I feel your frustration about all the behaviors of the actors in this case. Portland and NW Oregon has been in trouble regarding government actions and activities for a quarter of a century, if not longer.

IMO it will not change until a thorough housecleaning is done by the people. Clean-up of the school system, the court system and LE should be job one of the people. It will take a long time to do this for it didn’t get corrupted overnight.

Kyron’s case via the knowledge TMH obtained regarding steriod use by elements of LE has created the attacks on her and the cover-up by the government systems (school,courts & LE).

Perhaps the exposure that Kyron’s case has created, will begin the process of clean-up. However, after this length of time, it may take another event to get things moving in the right direction.

Just look at what happened in Virginia regarding Jessie Mathew. It took at leas ten years to get that guy off the street. There were all kinds of markers for LE to investigate,but they failed for one reason or another. I think it was a combination of ignorance and apathy that drove the failure.

It such a plethora of failure and my frustration continues to be- who will champion this effort effectively? I would love an example where crazy folk stalking and hating ever resolved anything, let alone a year old missing child.

12. Rose says:

@TRuth, given when RSL business hit the internet reviews in 2009, my suggestion is he might have been run as a street informant wrt nursery businesses in that county, as his associates or relatives owned a nursery business there… that county is where cops and nurseries and produce were intertwined, and cases made. It would’ve been a simple thing to also direct him as an informant to discredit Terri in Nov 09 after she called in the steroids complaint.

13. Rose says:

It’s remarkable the former gurlfriend’s child, who enjoyed Kaine’s hospitality,
    has a boyfriend disseminating Soldier’s Terri poster in Sacramento on one of
    his social media. If former gf and progeny believe Terri was the
    mastermind of the abduction, imo Kaine must too. Either their marriage was
    beyond rocky (but kill his kid stretches it), or he is very naive wrt mcso’s capabilities,
    polygraphs, imo.

If you intentionally misspelled girlfriend that is the single best laugh I had all week. Genius.

14. Rose says:

you know, in the real world, not Portlandia, a transient livein girlfriend who is single parenting 3, two with special medical needs, would have absolutely counted against Kaine becoming the residential parent. how he mirphed a livein gf into mother subsitute before his divorce was final is true magic. If she’d had enough money to litigate custody, and hired a litigator, not Bunch, imo different outcome.

15. Rose says:

irony.
    (wrt shelbyandaspen found onwordpress and FB. not set to private by the adult, surprisingly.)

The abduction aftermath featured in part the scandelous suggestion attributed to Terri that
    kyron’s ped allegedly speculated on absence seizures as a cause for spaciness in class,
    reported– one supposes– by Porter based on class behaviors. For that speculation mother Terriwas villified.

Come to find the next Horman household youthful inhabitant did (after moving into the Sheltered Nook house) have almost continuous absence seizures both at Skyline and seizures while sleeping. The mother getting that dx, aggressively, at a hospital, was not panned online by Soldier and followers. While the dx suggests genetics, one has to wonder if there’s something in the Sheltered Nook water.

16. T. Ruth says:

Rose says:
    April 5, 2016 at 12:16 am

Good points. It can’t help either that the original investigators were telling all the potential witnesses they interviewed that TDI, so not to worry.

Somehow I have a feeling that if we knew the real reason DY dropped her civil case, (Rosenthal knew darn well when he took the case on that the DA’s office would not be releasing any files to them regarding an active investigation. Good grief, that answer was pure hogwash.), then maybe we’d have a better idea as to what was going on behind closed doors.

17. Rose says:

glad you broke thru the barrier cd.

What does this mean Blink:
    “I am absolutely not a fan of anyone asking a civil attorney who is paid
    on recovery or award to be a recipient of funds through a 3rd party.”
    Does “anyone” mean Young?
    Does “civil attorney” mean — I blank on his name but Desiree’s suit filer was the
    local affiliated atty for the Southern Poverty LC founder in a white supremacy case?

So What a minute wait a minute.
    Was Young’s tort-filing attorney a
    direct recipient of donated funds thru the
    bank account controlled by Kelly? I don’t think
    that’s typical. Maybe he didn’t inquire.

Why for gosh sakes?

She had dough from appearance on Dr Phil, perhaps more.

She and Tony had good jobs at that time.
    They were hopefully creditworthy.
    Why woukd she need money to file a tort suit, when
    the only dough up front is light expenses billed
    as accrued, and the real
    $ owed is only a %age long in the
    future if the case is successful?
    That doesn’t make sense.

So no wonder she changed the $ cause to an openended,
    undefinable ongoing “Search.”

Rosenfeld
    Yes, he was paid around $11K (expenses so I am told and unverified) out of that fund and then it changed to searches. It requires a waiver and significant paperwork to pay a lawyer who only gets paid if the suit does (1/3 or 1/4 is typical) by a 3rd party.

Dr Phil was after the fact and only made Desiree more attractive as a cross complaint or motion.

18. Rose says:

dumb question, but shouldn’t the gofundme solicitees donating to the first cause (tort suit),
    PRIOR to the Search pleas, that is the ones contributing to a Lawyer to sue Terri and to
    Depose Spicher, have Been Told the Young attorney was working for a
    contingency fee, as is ordinary, and would be paid after success on the
    merits? If not potential donors weren’t told on gofundme how attorney would
    be paid by publishing his fee agreement, isn’t that fraud?!

Yes. I agree there is argument for that. I also believe (too late now) there was plenty room for bar review, if they did not. It is considered beyond cheesy from other counsel in my inquiries.

19. Rose says:

@TRuth. just read you. wrt “You now have me wondering if Desiree’s civil case was dropped because the DA’s office didn’t want her and her husband deposed.”
    Thanks for the attorney’s name. Don’t think the DA was into protecting Davidsons. Out of warranted respect for his past on the white supr case, and respect for his good if deluded intentions, imo the
    DA perhaps intervened with a bug in the ear to protect Rosenthal from being the one deposed later, or
    Bar and/or fraud investigations, in retrospect.

20. Rose says:

gurlfriend not intentional but
    glad for any laughs in this world.
    cd’s spell correct program challenge
    is laughable tech. didn’t KM call them gurlz anyway?

lol. the url in the middle was what I saw :)

21. Rose says:

@Blink. I always figure illness, family, finals, real (paid) work,
    or deciding to slow down, but Inworry the more I
    put in moderation, it must impact processing the interview work product timewise.
    Not that that restrains me much. But I worry about Terri’s own “roll out” as I oft heard Mauri, George Will’s wife, call
    such like. I guess rollout is a political PR concept. One thing you cannot be accused of is participating in a planful roll out for Terri. In fact for her imo yr interview is a toe stub. If she was doing this for PR, go Oprah,
    But I your methodicism, and expect she does too. Just relying on you shows she’s not on a PR campaign.
    —-
    OT speaking of PR campaigns, Malty, you have much to entertain on TV on both election sides now. I
    feel the Wisdom of Trump is the adjective he pairs with the name of his challenger. Otherwise, just like on another side, big words of hot air. If 99 members of a legislative body known for its collegiality, deference, and verbal respect
    despite differences, altogether roundly dislike a single member, something I’ve never heard of historically,
    what does that say?

22. Rose says:

Well, reading back all today’s moderation, when you’re able to be back, you are an analytic piston.

from erose says:
    April 5, 2016 at 6:59 am
    wrt “6 years later, you would think a flippin grownup somewhere, anywhere, with standing would acknowledge that –
    …. To my knowledge the only substantive “evidence” as to Kyron’s case revolves around “the person LE does not know about” per Kyron’s father”

The only grownups with standing are Kaine and Desiree. They seem rather provincial in background–that doesn’t mean money or job or education. just means family and moral cultures they were both reared in and chose as adults in my opinion. I wouldn’t look to them for breakthroughs.

With regard to his provincialism and alleged 3way sex morals derived from Horman’s upbringing, one I’d like to hear more from or about is Kaine’s father Kurt. His twin and her husband the Judge seem tops; his wife 2 great. Yet no public support emanated from any of them for Kaine over Terri and no abduction comments. While GF’s progeny dissrminate stalk Terri
    posters, there has been silence from Idaho and Clarkston.

23. Rose says:

So if Kelly paid circa $11,000 to Rosenthal,
    that leaves circa $22.000 previously spent on searches?
    Searches mapped out by Kelly down
    in Medford, and unfamiliar with Skyline area,
    based on anonymous 5 year old “tips?”
    Better she’d continued to pay Rosenthal for Something.
    Any Idea.

24. Rose says:

took me a long time to get “url in the middle”.
    you have a n A+ verbal pattern recognition eye.

lol. :)

25. Rose says:

ok reading back, I infer the Reason Rosenthal dropped the tort suit against Terri was because ge banked on testimony from DDS as his evidence (an idea they or an LE employee must have fed him),.
    But, due to her 6 hr grand jury testimony and polygraph, there was nothing Rosenthal could ask that she would not, on her 2nd go round, answer. Apparently DDS was exhonerated under Oath, and by verified written poly results. I bet that legal advice/outcome surprised the Davidson gals who imo must have had a rosier picture painted by Rosenthal when they retained him.

Absolutely correct. Very interesting that creedance would not be given to DDS polygraph confirming all. Isn’t it DY and KH first line of defense of their position of TH guilt built on alleged polygraph results? Which is it- one believes in their value as primary “evidence” of one’s allegation or there do not. Can’t have it both ways.

26. T. Ruth says:

@rose, I was reading the second link this morning that led me to the first, and I was like WTH?

Firstly, I want everyone to know I have GREAT respect for those who do this job, being a Police Officer gets harder an harder and gains less respect from the general public, but……could this kind of action result in that reaction? Something is very, very out of balance here and for them, PPB, to think they need not be accountable to the citizens of Portland is bizarre.

I suppose by nature of this work and the cases I cover it increases scrutiny of LE in same. In Kyron’s case, and I will leave it up to reader’s opinions when I publish- there is simply no excuse for the failures of that agency for the case status. Less of an excuse to hide them. What is going to be there motto after this? Hide the truth, hide the child? I recently interviewed a very high ranking official in the Phila Police ( I am prohibited from writing about it publicly and also his name, etc, research only) but he did bring something to my attention I can say I had not considered previously. He said that if LE agencies throughout the US continue to make basic and egregious mistakes and those mistakes are highlighted in due process and of course some high profile cases- it is going to continue to erode the public trust, faith and opinion of their police and what comes with that? The inability to recruit proper candidates to be cops. The absolute necessity to degrade standards for the ability to hire will occur and then where will we be? There are likely many more great cops then there are bad ones- I have worked with both and let me tell you regardless of your profession everyone can relate to having to work with someone who is absolutely sucky at their job. Add to that fact in many cases that individual is in control of the loss of liberty of another, or say, the task of investigating a case.

Overall I think it is a fair statement that most LE want to do their job well and there are just certain positions that are not suited for the standard career path. A former DA investigator who I worked with in a prior case to its successful prosecution ( thats a whole ‘nother blog) once told me- The problem very simply is that good cops do not necessarily make good detectives and vice versa. But- it is the only way to increase their paygrade and get out of a patrol car and off the street. It is my opinion that investigators have a unique set of skills for the job that is not trained and definitely not trained through the job alone.

Bottom line- Police agencies are going to be forced to be accountable because 1. this is a civil servant position people- they are paid by your tax dollars – both State and Federal. 2. Liability suits alone can bankrupt communities and the coffers for things like basic repairs and park maint. 3. Increase in your taxes for the privilege.

27. T. Ruth says:

Rose says:
    April 6, 2016 at 8:11 pm

My drift was re-directed. I was thinking more like unleashing loose cannons. The DA wasn’t protecting *them*, but trying to keep them from being deposed because of what they had been told and might say would cause/make the DA’s office/and or MCSO to look very, very bad.

28. A Texas Grandfather says:

It is April in Central Texas which means crazy temperature swings. Low forties in the mornings with afternoon highs in mid to high eighties. Makes things good for the wild flowers. I have bluebonnets at 14 inches and others at 24 inches. Trees are all leafed out and the red maple buds opened yesterday.

Red eye flights are fun. Leave at midnight or later and arrive just before or after daylight. I can’t sleep on an airplane so it means I am listening for every change in engine sounds and alert to any changes in flight position. Once on a red eye from Orlando to Houston we blew an engine on an Airbus A300 while on climb-out. Flew the rest of the way on one engine.

Crazy people never solve anything unless by total accident. Those that have a hate agenda only create problems and delays for those working for a proper solution.

Rose may be on to something regarding the water at the Horman property. It they have a well, it could contain minerals like iodine that will affect behavior if there is too much. This is especially critical with people with thyroid glans that do not function as normal.

29. erose says:

Which is intentional exacerbation of the hate towards a person who is presumed innocent until proven guilty. And, in essence the point of my post is that the authorities should either charge TH with something, doesn’t have to be murder (to preserve double jeopardy) since there are people including or led by DY who strongly believe she is guilty of something, then they should be able to make a case and convince jurors

-or-

the authorities should let loose of the information that there was a creepy man at the school.

Additionally, to not address the public on the issues that led to Kyron’s abduction does not serve in the public interest in both safety and justice.

erose says:
    April 5, 2016 at 6:59 am
    snip>

30. erose says:

PS I added the “presumption of innocence” so that the skeptics who come here to rant somewhere else might try researching something and open their minds to learning.

31. Rose says:

for a seasoned tort attorney to rely solely on the representations of a marital/sexual enemy/rival of the person to be sued, and a fairly uneducated concrete-thinking one at that, to the extent of filing suit, taking depositions, and spending $11,000, including of a teenager, without first commissioning his own investigation about the basis and feasibility for the suit, surprizes me.

among other things. Third parties can sign waivers to pay for legal fees, but according to go fund me 3rd party transactions are a no no.

32. Rose says:

@ATG. The Federal DOJ has attempted through Federal litigation to clean up one small piece of thosePortland institutions you named, despite sequestration’s impact on that agency and resultant lack of manpower. Imo hasn’t
    turned out very well as a change agent. The writeup on PPB’s training is appalling really. There seems to be no concept by PPB leadership and employees that they are governmental “civil servants.” Rather they think like untrained paramilitary.
    There was an interview on npr a few days ago of former military Eric Fair on his new book Consequence. He made the point orally that every military member is trained to see US civil authotity (the Pres) as the highest ranking, and great respect is accorded US civilians whom the military serves and protects. LE in Portland do not see civilians that way behaviorally at least.

33. Rose says:

@Blink. You’re right, if there was a scintella of evidence against Terri, she would’ve been arrested in 2010 on an Interference charge.
    Instead there appears to be evidence one or more mcso employees wngaged in interference wrt child 2.

34. Rose says:

OT https://multco.us/multnomah-county/charter-review-committee-meeting-materials
    the 4 page public testimony doc appears to be solely the written statement submitted by Staton’s sister (perhaps with his “help”?)

35. Rose says:

about 27:10 audience ids themselves. Lindstrand is attending with Staton.
    about 29:10 the public speaks. sister confused with “Mary L” by Chair, initially.
    about 30:20 she denies being with mcso or any group, says she’s “just a concerned citizen”

36. Rose says:

ot
    one realizes why Gov Brown appointed a private powerhouse lawyer with no envuronmental expertise in his long career to head DEQ when she looked at the new class action RICO lawsuit against the Gov of Mich wrt his Environmental challenges.
    —-
    on the audio url of the last Charter Review mtg, the Sheriff subcomm report, with a cameo role of Staton speaking, was generally between 1:15 – 1:23, not that it’s worth listening to.
    —-
    How a State get systemic control and coverup top to bottom? For one thing, it’s a very paternalistic govt.

37. Rose says:

on audio, Sheriff issue, that’s one hour, 15 min, or slightly before.

38. Rose says:

Revisiting old case friends, imo the best Blink interview “get” would be Sanchez, tho she should have an ole (unreliable) poly hooked up.

There would be no RO, no barring of mo/dau relationship, or
    divorce terms favorable to Kaine (ie house residency to rear child)
    BUT FOR ol Rudy as a tool. There would be no painting of Terri
    as having a propensity to criminality, but for Rudy.

Does his wounded feelings for his reported sexual
    squeeze advance scorned merit his later vendetta? No!
    imo macho men just move to the next target.

One has to get to the bottom of who sent Rudi in Terri’s direction,
    well before the sting,
    and why.

possibly, it goes back to Terri’s drug report to “a detective” which
    came back to bite thru a controlled by the detective’s dept civilian.
    from an informant for an involved cop.

39. Rose says:

OT
    can you be helpful to this child of Portland Blink?

40. Rose says:

idk why error message
    trying again

41. T. Ruth says:

@Rose

“Our justice system is at its best when it is willing to take a second look, believing the worst outcome is for an innocent person to be denied his or her liberty by the state in your name and mine.”

(snipped)

************
    Yep, so why isn’t/aren’t everyone doing this in this case? Why, for instance is TMH not submitting her case to them, or has she?

I wonder if he/they, the Innocent Project, need volunteers? I always thought it would be a big coo for TMH to go to work for some such organization. I mean, she is not under ANY formal investigation that we know of.

42. Rose says:

OT Art Acevedo, Austin TX PoliceChief, just said on Fox “We don’t want to be myopic…we’re…”

how does MCSO ever get a competant, trained leader from out of State with Oregon’s electoral system?
    Seems to me the job should be nationally advertised like PPB was before the present day.

43. A Texas Grandfather says:

Thanks Rose for the link to fed investigation of PPB training and behavior investigation.

Depending on the level of education of new recruits and the education and experience of the trainer, the results may be very poor to worthless or may be excellent. What we have already found in the Portland area is a lack of intellect,education and training for most of those involved in LE. The only way to fix this is to begin at the top and clean it up from top to bottom. It will not happen easily, since there is a union presence in LE.

The link about the university student is sad. She was half Japanese from the Portland, Oregon area. The perp is a 17 year old black thug that was new to the area having arrived from the DFW area a short time before the assault and murder. He and his family have been in trouble with the law for a long time. He laid in wait for someone traveling alone and then attacked. He took her bicycle,back pack and other belongings. That is how they tracked him.

The University of Texas has a night time assistance program for students traveling after dark from classes to a dorm on campus. All they have to do is call a number to activate the assistance.

The campus police chief as a part of his talk about the crime, reminded students to travel in a group or if they were alone to use the campus service. This was the first murder on the campus since the shooter from the tower in 1966. The campus is tightly built with multi-story buildings on forty acres. The majority of student housing in not on campus. The area immediately West of and North of the campus contains many apartment buildings where students live.

The area to the East of the campus has declined in quality over the last thirty years. I-35 is like a dividing line that separates the low life’s from the rest of the city.

44. T. Ruth says:

Rose says:
    April 7, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Heck yeah. All along I’ve been wondering who would most likely have the favors owed them to get this sort of thing done?

If RSE was a plant, who planted his butt? I recall early on reading some blog or website where someone suggested that RSE was recommendeed to KH (or TMH? can’t remember) but this part I do remember, that somen said it was a person who worked with KH.

It will be interesting to see Blink’s interview, because I’m pretty sure this question will be asked.

45. T. Ruth says:

Rose says:
    April 7, 2016 at 8:56 pm

So sad, what a beautiful girl. My heart goes to all those who knew and loved her.

46. Rose says:

T Ruth says: April 8, 2016 at 10:22 pm
    2 options: law enforcement having deug or other charges to motivate RSE to
    function as an informant or a husband seeking someone to testify as to
    philandering (in the home with kiara present!) or even worse solicitation of a mfh.
    As to the LE option (the steroid using/selling report having gotten back to an investigative team),
    there are 3 options: http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2010/02/former_canby_police_officer_se.html
    FBI, Canby PD, Washington Cty Sheriff Office. I has firgotten this steroid investigation above was Federal
    and involved the FBI (and doubtless DEA). The new local FBI Office Dir’s whole career was built on
    drug cases, esp in hispanic environments. Woukd explain why hus face was in front of the canera so early &
    often at the school with mcso, as well as the massive nature of the coverup and protection of RSE by all local LE,
    when usually an hispanic illegal yardworker woukd be the one hung out to dry.

47. Rose says:

the local fbi had a hx of using entrapment informants in a sting (ie the muslim teenager).
    would explain how all elements were on hand (hispanic dea agent & Rudy) at Terri’s door
    in furtherance of perhaps a “backup scramble sting” as Plan B when Plan A was cut short.
    If she’d not called police on that motley crew, perhaps the DEA/other LE plan was for the DA to use the mfh allegation
    (never intended to actually charge)to secure a plea to something steroid-related.
    If they’d gotten in her door legally, they’d have found the steroid cache.

48. Rose says:

a preexisting relationship and cooperation of RSE to any LE force (if any)
    could have turned into a pulitzer winning coup for an investigative reporter,
    to the extent there are any in Portland. It might have led to exposees of DEA
    and FBI (and MCSA/SO) entrapment methods in Oregon. When it comes to
    exposees, except for the environment it’s boiled down mostly to a
    single reporter focused on sex partners (Cogen, Kitzhabers) and hugs
    (Staton).

I am not sure I agree with that even though I certainly would not count myself in such journalistic company- to my knowledge there have been zero arrests and/or informant use tied directly to Kyron’s disappearance. Have associates named in the investigation associated with Kaine’s purchase/use of illegal steroids, yes, but to my knowledge that nexus has never been moved to a possible motivation. To date, I am not comfortable it has been excluded, I am simply saying it has not risen on the food chart.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI