Nittany Nightmare Continues Past Sandusky: Former President Spanier Charged- NEW Charges for Curley and Schultz Filed

Happy Valley- PA On the heels of convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky’s transfer to his new home,  what most predicted would follow- has.

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier,  fired by the Penn State Board of Trust the same day as legendary late-Nittany Lions Coach Joe Paterno, is facing serious charges today filed by Sandusky’s prosecutors.

Spanier is facing counts of obstruction of justice,  perjury, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of children and failure to report allegations of child abuse.

Tim Curley and Gary Schultz,  who were facing perjury and charges based on “non-reporting”,  are now facing all five similar charges as Spanier-  additional filings occurred simultaneously.

Linda L. Kelly stated the men “used their positions to conceal and cover up for years the activities of a known child predator,” on Thursday following the announcement.

Please check back to www.blinkoncrime for this developing story.

Related Posts:

2,757 Comments

1. J. J. in Phila says:

@Rose, could you connect the dots. I’m missing the connection.

2. Rose says:

@JJinPA not the right week for me to scroll the web (just past eye surgery) , but can get to it. but Abom was prominent a couple years ago at the time of the County Comm-Glantz-Catorna-McGraw-Shubin fracases alleging SPM & judges texting, & Ruest forgery, were to the detriment of their clients & violated ethical standards. as I recall he was a member of the leadership cabal to include that Simon whatshisname with PUFR or whatever the antiunion creation of Simon’s that he morphed into anti SPM. Iirc they hobby horse rode foia of DA /Judge texts, and Abom was one in leadership whipping the horse. I remember wondering why he got involved in the Centre County cabal and noticed way backthen he and Cantornawere PA rugby coaching mates.

Jalene was the woman SPM imo rightly put away, & Cantorna was allegedly emotionally entangled with Jalene, thus quite distraught atthe verdict and sentence, & promptly thereafter in a County Comm meeting public comments accused SPM of… S McGaw’s motivation to scalp her speaks for itself after his termination as an ADA. Shubin, who hired McGraw after his ada termination, apparently has used “bent” sources (ie Dellinger) for awhile to pursue his ends. A coule of those bent le were in State College police when Gricar was done away with—maybe by one of their tippeesabout some case then under investigation.

Rose- please heal up quickly and tell me if I can do anything!! Prayers for a speedy and increased vision quality recovery.
    xo
    B

3. J. J. in Phila says:

@Rose. I hope you are feeling better. Okay, I see what you are getting at. :)

4. Rose says:

Bernie got what he wanted on the case that set him after SPM.
    imo Williamson got the voters’ message:

5. Rose says:

JJinPA. My thinking is unformed & unreasearched, however as I’m at a keyboard, not phone, I’ll type a few musings. My interest lies in Gricar at this point. And, of course, justice served in Centre County as to the adjudication of justice by the executive and judicial branches of local govt.

A (State) grand jury began investigating Sandusky in 2009. Sean had been an ll year defense attorney at that point, iirc, and quite devoted to his job–even to attending a Gerry Spence regional trg seminar. Yet, he joined the DA office in 2010. At that stage of his career, imo it was not for trial practice or how tos. I am curious whether SPM or her predecessor hired him. It was a catbird seat to get the names of victim interviewee names, whether panning out or not, during the period 2009-2011 when he was charged. Shubin garnered a few as clients. One can’t tell me his pursuit of “tips” began in 2015. And, of course, Sean left to practice with him in 2013.

After Dellinger left the State College force, he apparently relied on two insider LE employees to provide tips used in the practices of Subin and other defense attorneys. We can infer Sean was at least knowledgeable as a partner, and that Catorna because SPM said he’d have to recuse himself from prosecution of the two the GJ charged has some kind of involvement rising at least to “knowledge” of. It is highly unlikely Dellinger just began working with Shubin after he left the force in a miraculous change of heart from when he was employed in State College PD. Since iirc Dellinger and one other of the three were on the SC force as far back as l998, it is likely Delliger was dishing “tips” to defense attorneys as far back as that but at least during the Gricar disappearance era (what that 2005?). He and the other two did not confine themselves merely to State College investigations but to whatever their PD system could access from other County investigation forces. So, in looking for Gricar’s vulnerabilities, one wonders if it was possible to look back at cases int he investigation stage in the months prior to his disappearance, not yet charged, see if Dellinger or the other person the GJ mentioned on the force then was the investigating officer or had access to the info, identify what defense attorneys were representing in those cases and whether the names cross reference with any attorneys, Shubin and others unnamed but known to the CC DA and to the GJ, in the current corruption case. From there, one might get possible suspects who learned via their tippee attorneys, and tippor LE, what Gricar had on them and what his plans might be. That could even include Sandusky and associates with an interest in protecting him.
    ____________________________________________
    What I’ve learned about cataract surgery after the fact. A surgeon might be brilliant but fundamentally flawed with a personality disorder. If one learns facts (from staff) in the first visit suggesting that–gross narcissism, paternalism, misogeny, one should look for a surgeon who is as competent but normal. My #2 eye will be done by the latter. Merely one incident was confusing me with a woman of my age who checked in 50 minutes early, and before me, thus dishing medication intended for her, without explanation (dumb me for taking it). Second example, expecting me to say whether my vision had improved or not l5 min after covering was removed, in the office, before I’d read, driven, doffed glasses, saw colors in his black/white office, saw sunlight, etc., which it was quite blurry. (He clearly wanted to document I myself said I was A OK for CYA purposes). When I said I didn’t have enough data to respond, he was miffed and punitive. Curious to his attitude, I googled of course and learned with the first hit that nearsighted patients may not improve vision, in fact be worse, if the measurements are done on a certain kind of ultrasound, which he uses. I also learned with proper measurements, astigmatism could be corrected (He had told me after removal of cataract mine would likely recur and be worse.) I learned lens are not prefab but are measured per patient, and so when he said do you want the basic and you’ll need glasses or the deluxe and you won’t, he wasn’t referring to the lens quality, but likely his measurement quality and methods. So, dummy me opted for the basic. Didn’t know his ultrasound measurements could make my nearsightedness worse, so now I’m glad I didn’t “be pleasant” and tell him what he so badly wanted to hear (improved vision). So, I didn’t obey my inner satellite, Blink. Glad the med mixup did not prove to be significant in impact.

o/t: First and foremost (and it sounds like you have already done this) find a diff surgeon. Document and alert medication error to Physician office Admin with a copy to your Insurance provider. Significant or not that can’t happen. Thank you for sharing this story, although I am heartsick for you. I am also guilty of the occasional ignorance of my satellites- analyzing and learning from our imperfection helps us hone them, imo. Speedy recovery to you my dear Rose. xo
    B

6. Rose says:

2015. Shubin was present & told Commissioners to “be vigilant” re SPM.
    Imo coconspirator w/Cantorna re his Shutt presentation. What timing, after
    he became entangled w/a GJ local LE corruption investigation.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI