Dr. Phil Show Hosts Missing Portland Child Kyron Horman’s Step Mom Terri Horman Over Two Episodes

Posted by Christina Stoy | Desiree Young,Dr. Phil McGraw,Kaine Horman,Kyron Horman,Multnomah County Sheriffs Office,Shitshow,Uncategorized | Wednesday 21 September 2016 3:18 pm

I have been covering this case since Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School in June, 2010.    Like most missing persons cases I have covered in the past,  I am of the strong opinion that best efforts at the truth are the only way to propel investigations that, similarly to Kyron’s, have gone cold for one reason or another.   This approach has worked in resolving some of my previous cases.    I am proud of that.  I remain steadfast to the integrity involved in those and future cases.

Over the past 10 months (or so) I have been developing an updated series on Kyron’s case to include my multiple interviews with Kyron’s step-mom,  Terri Horman.   Needless to say as she was the subject of at least three simultaneous cases before an Oregon court and remains a person of interest by the agency investigating her sons disappearance, this has been an arduous and sometimes delicate journey.    Ms. Horman’s experiences during the ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Kyron Horman are critically important to propelling his case and with great hope- finding the truth about what happened to this cherubic and innocent child.    There are dozens of sources,  collateral interviews, forensic experts and legal analysts that also contribute to my series and have done so because of their belief that my motivation is to bring to light information and opinions in such a way that would almost “require” a focused review of Kyron’s case and the likely shaking of that proverbial tree everyone talks about.

Set to publish about 6-ish weeks ago I was asked to postpone the first installment of the series, which I did.  I subsequently learned Ms. Horman was participating in the Dr. Phil program after she completed taping.  Dr. Phils producers were well aware that Ms. Horman had interviewed with me extensively, and anticipated my series would be publishing information that was not known to the public previously in the days prior to her scheduled episode.    When Ms. Horman conveyed to me that she feels obligated to speak out about “her son” in any national medium that will have her,   I most certainly respected that.  I still do.

While Dr. Phil seems like a gregarious fellow for sure,   I have zero interest in being associated with his program, nor do I believe his shows content is designed to do any furtherance of investigation or truth.  There is much concern (although I have no affiliation to the show whatsoever) that the timing of the publication of my series on the Kyron Horman matter might be interpreted differently or inadvertently contribute to the programs content or audience reactions.     Not what I signed on for.   A missing 7 year old boy six years running is not a framework for entertaining a target audience.   He is not fodder for online social media bully campaigns- yet it occurs.

I will be publishing my series on Kyron’s case at a later date, in it’s entirety with no editing adjustments as a result of any of the appearances on Dr. Phil.   I appreciate your patience and your understanding.   Feel free to discuss the show below.

Related Posts:

2,466 Comments

1. erose says:

Bobby O was essentially stalking sitting in that cul-de-sac without jurisdiction. Wasn’t there a sheriff living across the street for a time?

I am aware of an elderly person that TMH assisted regularly, not sure about former vocation- maybe someone with better knowledge on that issue can address? I don’t know why MCSO did not request Roseburg PD assistance if this was a surveillance gig- it is common.

There are a few stories as reported to me involving MCSO assets far out of their jurisdiction and I daresay many, many more I may not be aware of. If and when I publish my series on this case I will allow those affected to tell their encounters themselves.

B
    B

2. erose says:

Is it possible that EM didn’t know who the paras and spec ed staff were? Otherwise IDK how these people could be involved. Could it be that she thought it was a staff member and once that staff member had an alibi, he was incorrectly ruled out.

All I know is she is on record multiple times (one depo I know of) that she did not know the ID of SZ.
    B

3. A Texas Grandfather says:

Rose
    O/T
    Good to learn that your child has found a school and been accepted into a program and in Texas no less. There are many good music programs in the state. North Texas is the top school for performance. Texas Women’s University is situated on an adjacent campus. Both are located at Denton.

The department head for elementary music programs at Texas Women’s is a friend of mine-Known him for close to 30 years. We played a duet program together in the year 2000. He was elected President of the TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association) a few years later.

4. Rose says:

@TRuth re ” T. Ruth says:
    April 23, 2017 at 12:25 pm”

Gofundme no longer advertises the justice4kyron email tip line?

I noticed this on BKH awhile ago because it looked like Kaine had set up his own dueling privateemail tip line whose address is there in the write up. I haven’t read all the verbiage bcz it seems illiterate as to procedure. Not written by Kaine. I speculated by Kristin, or iirc he had some rural PD employee volunteering on the KHF Board.

Imo the dueling bio tip lines trolling America fir look alikes eoukd’ve wasted a lot of LE time, if mcso used time productively, which they don’t.

5. Rose says:

“outside of their jurisdiction (I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS For a Minute) ”

yes. sounds like bobby loved joy rides.

6. Rose says:

re “If Rod Underhill is not a raging alcoholic over this chronic
    fiasco he has my full compliments. With a pepcid chaser.”

Teflon Rod does not deserve a pass. Anyway he runs in lieu of alcohol.

His wife earns big bucks as a lawyer ethicist. Ironic.

On 6/5 he assigned kyron a fulltime ada & dispatched
    her to work that and overtime, sited with mcso, Supervised her.
    was Rees’ supervisor. Painting Frink as the bad guy and
    Rod as the goid guy split does not work for me. Rod is
    culpable for every bit of Rees’ grand jury mgmt as Rees and Moawad’s supervisor.

I don’t (and can’t) disagree, the fish rots from the head and all that. The only thing I will say is that I have had a few off the record conversations with former ADA’s who know him, and worked under Schrunk/Fink. We have seen some of the cases profiled here- there is no love lost between MCSO and MCDA- in fact, the ADA in “their” jurisdiction REQUIRED their LE investigators to undergo enhanced training before they would file cases they were pretty sure were headed to trial. I also note that some of the verbiage in the Horman matter “briefs” that were penned via the DA office hints at the fact that (in particular) O’Donnell’s work is out of scope- a classic example of distance but intended immunity.

One of the things I wish to remind folks is that while we all agree (and I include those that may or may not be sure of TH involvement) there is no prosecutable case against TMH and based on the hot mess that is Kyron’s investigation to date, never will be- I am Very concerned that MCSO laser pointer Terri file will erode the possibility of a successful prosecution of a culpable person here as well.
    B

7. Rose says:

ot @atg she’ll be nowhere near my idea of civilization. by a fluke, w/one of the top performing/teaching in the country. He’s never heard or met dau, and I fear she won’t last a year. TA, inState tuition, 10,000, & opportunity. but will have to work like never before. Sunday I almost died hearing his Schelomo with a full orchestra.
    apparently Ernest Bloch composed and died in Oregon.

8. Rose says:

ok is this the one whose wife killed herself c 2004?

If this is to me, I am not following the question unfortunately, Rose.
    B

9. Rose says:

what or who coukd’ve brought story to mcso if it didn’t originate internally? Ode’s Q is great! ie did it originate in Medford’s jail? or Fed prison? (reminds me of Rudy–maybe a jailed illegal.) Come from some defense attorney?
    The “prisoner” if existing coukd’t be credible as HE didn’t testify at the GJ, and a hiree/perpetrator’s testimony is far better than an ostensible target.

10. Rose says:

Desiree has been vigilante from the day she led a chalk and
    stalk group to the Moulton’s front lawn.

And in my view, the recipient of bad advice.
    B

11. Rose says:

“few stories as reported to me involving MCSO assets far out of their jurisdiction”

this mcso investigative shop is still run by the same giusto deputies krafve, walls etc.
    i figure levi was put there because he came from out of town & looks naive.
    ——-
    you’ve hit the nail on the head Blink. If SZ is ever id’d and brought to prosecution, mcso’s case investigative files must all be turned over. Probably take a decade to begin a trial, and mcso, Desiree, Kaine, Tony will have handed him his defense. trial will take months (all those Terri did it Young videos to play) and I defy anyone to say they could convict SZ beyond a reasonable doubt since mathews can’t id him. onlypossibility is a plea bargain.

I think a great deal of that has to do with the circumstances in play at the time. I hope to be wrong and I do not think we are talking about the same amount of time elapse- but I do believe Kyron’s case will resolve similarly to that of Jacob Wetterling in many aspects.
    B

12. T. Ruth says:

@Rose,

According to this list on SM’s, RS was listed as para at Skyline beginning 2009-2010 year.

13. T. Ruth says:

Refresher of list of sf attendees ^^. No RS, no LT

The para’s listed as being there on June 4, 2010, were females.

14. Rose says:

pity in 2010-11 DY didnt use her $30,000 GFM $ to fund this former MCSO preGuisto era Commander to reconstruct the crime scene at the school with as many present as possible there that day and supervise interviews, debriefing afterwards

Looks like she would not have had to- he volunteers or volunteered for MCSO cold case unit:

Super Interesting a reporter from the O- also on the team.
    B

15. A Texas Grandfather says:

If LE out of another district or jurisdiction were sitting in a vehicle that is unmarked for a period of time, they would be challenged if I were to spot them. The first thing would be to call the local Sheriff and inform them of the presence of a car and request assistance to find out why they were sitting there.

If they had no clearance to be out of jurisdiction, they would likely have me insist that they be held in the local jail until the matter was cleared. Some investigators are so bold as to use their own time to do surveillance outside of jurisdiction without local permission.

With a messed up group like MCSO, I am not surprised that such an act took place.

16. Rose says:

EM was elderly therefore senses attenuated imo, a chaotic day with no reason to pay attention to a breezy breeze- thru. K-1 unlikely to involve paras or even the Sped but fir parent-requested prescreening ARDs. Unkess a child was really regressed, would not come in with an iep. So it was unlinely much exposure to the hiree from the previous school year Terrones, but more unlikely she knew paras who woukd not have observed in her room.

I go back to K’s separate math class. I know Kaine & the world want to think he was math advanced. What if he wasn’t? Or, what if his behavioral card whatever meant a bit of coteaching might aid his focus, even treat the hapless Porter by giving her an hour break from what she thought was one of her challenging kids?

Maybe he was put in a math class where a para was working due to an iep’d kid, just for overflow support due either to math weakness as a 7 yo placed in Porter with 2nd graders or due to behavioral whatever? And Salvia was the plugin? While paras are assigned to one kid by iep, they integrate into the classroom.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI