Dr. Phil Show Hosts Missing Portland Child Kyron Horman’s Step Mom Terri Horman Over Two Episodes

I have been covering this case since Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School in June, 2010.    Like most missing persons cases I have covered in the past,  I am of the strong opinion that best efforts at the truth are the only way to propel investigations that, similarly to Kyron’s, have gone cold for one reason or another.   This approach has worked in resolving some of my previous cases.    I am proud of that.  I remain steadfast to the integrity involved in those and future cases.

Over the past 10 months (or so) I have been developing an updated series on Kyron’s case to include my multiple interviews with Kyron’s step-mom,  Terri Horman.   Needless to say as she was the subject of at least three simultaneous cases before an Oregon court and remains a person of interest by the agency investigating her sons disappearance, this has been an arduous and sometimes delicate journey.    Ms. Horman’s experiences during the ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Kyron Horman are critically important to propelling his case and with great hope- finding the truth about what happened to this cherubic and innocent child.    There are dozens of sources,  collateral interviews, forensic experts and legal analysts that also contribute to my series and have done so because of their belief that my motivation is to bring to light information and opinions in such a way that would almost “require” a focused review of Kyron’s case and the likely shaking of that proverbial tree everyone talks about.

Set to publish about 6-ish weeks ago I was asked to postpone the first installment of the series, which I did.  I subsequently learned Ms. Horman was participating in the Dr. Phil program after she completed taping.  Dr. Phils producers were well aware that Ms. Horman had interviewed with me extensively, and anticipated my series would be publishing information that was not known to the public previously in the days prior to her scheduled episode.    When Ms. Horman conveyed to me that she feels obligated to speak out about “her son” in any national medium that will have her,   I most certainly respected that.  I still do.

While Dr. Phil seems like a gregarious fellow for sure,   I have zero interest in being associated with his program, nor do I believe his shows content is designed to do any furtherance of investigation or truth.  There is much concern (although I have no affiliation to the show whatsoever) that the timing of the publication of my series on the Kyron Horman matter might be interpreted differently or inadvertently contribute to the programs content or audience reactions.     Not what I signed on for.   A missing 7 year old boy six years running is not a framework for entertaining a target audience.   He is not fodder for online social media bully campaigns- yet it occurs.

I will be publishing my series on Kyron’s case at a later date, in it’s entirety with no editing adjustments as a result of any of the appearances on Dr. Phil.   I appreciate your patience and your understanding.   Feel free to discuss the show below.

Related Posts:

6,606 Comments

1. cd2 says:

I am blown away, I actually thought there was a kidney transplant it did not make sense but I thought what kind of person would make that stuff up and perpetuate the lie via the news for a decade. The media in Portland must be a bunch of idiots to not (at least) have researched her claim.

BOC Staff says:
    August 9, 2020 at 10:02 am

-snip
    DY did not have a kidney transplant and did not seek medical care outside the US for a kidney ailment. There’s a reason that she continues to be obtuse when asked about this. I have interviewed the person she moved to CA to live with and it’s my understanding he has told the FBI the same thing.

———————
    That says that not only was DY lying about her Kidney transplant her whole family was in on the deception. What kind of people does that for 10 years no less. When a child is missing!

BOC Staff says:
    August 9, 2020 at 9:45 am

-snip
    I do not feel MCSO can ever solve this case no matter who is ultimately in charge of Kyron’s case- if it is solved without recovery of Kyron, it will be through the FBI.

———————
    It makes sense that law enforcement can’t get a handle on Kyrons case. Look at the people they have to talk to , Kyrons family! How can LE trust anything told to them by DY and her family to even be true? Since they will say what ever puts Terri in a bad light and DY in a good light true or not.

2. Rose says:

You gotta ask why Young or Horman think an ambitious political piece of work who’s never done criminal prosecutions would arrest much less try (v Houze) their alleged abductor in a 10 yo cold case? It would earn him no votes when he runs for AG or Gov whatsoever. He will measure everything he does as DA, in the limited time he remains DA, by whether it advances votes when he runs for AG when Ellen retires. His current political activities do. Using that measure, Young does not want to find Kyron if she does not demand transfer to the FBI now. We already know what Kaine does not want. Soldier as a Washington State resident lacks any competent case mgmt advice for Desiree.

3. Rose says:

Wow! Soldier’s still advertising Gofundme & it’s owner Ramirez is still accepting the do re mi. For what?

4. rose says:

This is an article of interviews with Spokane’s US Repr about her disseminations on Facebook with stranger child abduction somewhere in mid-article. Seems to me if her voters are swayed to her beliefs, it risks harm regional LE’s investigations into the rare real stranger child abductjonz, as advocacy orgs apparently conclude as well. https://www.inlander.com/spokane/after-an-inlander-article-about-her-links-to-conspiracy-theory-websites-rep-jenny-graham-responds-with-profanity-threats-and-another-conspi/Content?oid=20239155

5. BOC Staff says:

Neither parent has so much as requested a meeting with Underhill- even after the no true bills in the file debacle- who’s going to tell them the truth about their sons case when they are not even asking?

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI