Dr. Phil Show Hosts Missing Portland Child Kyron Horman’s Step Mom Terri Horman Over Two Episodes

Posted by Christina Stoy | Desiree Young,Dr. Phil McGraw,Kaine Horman,Kyron Horman,Multnomah County Sheriffs Office,Shitshow,Uncategorized | Wednesday 21 September 2016 3:18 pm

I have been covering this case since Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School in June, 2010.    Like most missing persons cases I have covered in the past,  I am of the strong opinion that best efforts at the truth are the only way to propel investigations that, similarly to Kyron’s, have gone cold for one reason or another.   This approach has worked in resolving some of my previous cases.    I am proud of that.  I remain steadfast to the integrity involved in those and future cases.

Over the past 10 months (or so) I have been developing an updated series on Kyron’s case to include my multiple interviews with Kyron’s step-mom,  Terri Horman.   Needless to say as she was the subject of at least three simultaneous cases before an Oregon court and remains a person of interest by the agency investigating her sons disappearance, this has been an arduous and sometimes delicate journey.    Ms. Horman’s experiences during the ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Kyron Horman are critically important to propelling his case and with great hope- finding the truth about what happened to this cherubic and innocent child.    There are dozens of sources,  collateral interviews, forensic experts and legal analysts that also contribute to my series and have done so because of their belief that my motivation is to bring to light information and opinions in such a way that would almost “require” a focused review of Kyron’s case and the likely shaking of that proverbial tree everyone talks about.

Set to publish about 6-ish weeks ago I was asked to postpone the first installment of the series, which I did.  I subsequently learned Ms. Horman was participating in the Dr. Phil program after she completed taping.  Dr. Phils producers were well aware that Ms. Horman had interviewed with me extensively, and anticipated my series would be publishing information that was not known to the public previously in the days prior to her scheduled episode.    When Ms. Horman conveyed to me that she feels obligated to speak out about “her son” in any national medium that will have her,   I most certainly respected that.  I still do.

While Dr. Phil seems like a gregarious fellow for sure,   I have zero interest in being associated with his program, nor do I believe his shows content is designed to do any furtherance of investigation or truth.  There is much concern (although I have no affiliation to the show whatsoever) that the timing of the publication of my series on the Kyron Horman matter might be interpreted differently or inadvertently contribute to the programs content or audience reactions.     Not what I signed on for.   A missing 7 year old boy six years running is not a framework for entertaining a target audience.   He is not fodder for online social media bully campaigns- yet it occurs.

I will be publishing my series on Kyron’s case at a later date, in it’s entirety with no editing adjustments as a result of any of the appearances on Dr. Phil.   I appreciate your patience and your understanding.   Feel free to discuss the show below.

Related Posts:

4,163 Comments

1. A Texas Grandfather says:

Oh the poor little athletes at Roosevelt. They almost have a new 92 million dollar school facility and the silly writer is lamenting that the football team is having a loosing season.

A building does not make a school nor does a football team. A competent teaching staff and principals that have education as their primary focus is what makes a school. This is the message that parents need to send to all school systems.

2. A Texas Grandfather says:

In regards to the Nike participation in a school or school district. Product manufacturers are using their advertising dollars to gain a position in a school for their products.

Cola companies seek to have their vending machines in schools and they often contribute large sums to an individual school or district to build new stadiums or gyms. Nike is no different. Principals and coaches are often the direct beneficiaries of such programs. A new car or pure cash or something else of great value gets the company in the door and keeps them there. The same thing happens with no bid contracts for equipment or supplies.

School systems are prime targets for corruption by unscrupulous business people and politicians.

3. Rose says:

2001 incident http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2017/08/benefit_of_the_doubt.html

Brim was on the BOE 2001-2005.
    Imo now we know why she ran for BOE and waltzed into the Chair.
    Hope Bethany Barnes foias the heck wrt BOE 2001-5 records… BOE emails, esp Brim’s, phone calks with coach’s principal at the time. What did Brim know then?

TRuth coverup in PPS starts & ends with the BOE. Frink is, as a felliw longtime County Repub politico, in Brim’s pocket just like Pederson, the Nike Corp’s outside lawyer.

How come the Portland press lets these “investigatory committee” conflicts of interest (imo Brim shoukd’ve recused herself based on her 2001 BOE position) and with Pederson (Nike repr) & Frink (DA never brought charges) go unnoticed & unexplored? Just like Kyron’s abduction from a PPS schoolday site.

4. Rose says:

It is unfathomable why neither bio
    sued PPS to get at the truth of the
    negligence-greased abduction. The
    school was the site of the abduction.
    Neither can be THAT provincial or self-
    involved.

It remains the biggest mystery in this case with the simplest answer. (Say like Yoda if you want it to make sense)
    B

5. Ode says:

Yes Rose it is unfathomable neither bio sue PPS and add to that the primary custodial parent thought it a good idea to send his daughter back to the site of abduction.

6. Rose says:

the simplest answer, big mystery it is.
    I googled that and Yoda’s famous sayings.
    No lightening struck me tho.

Lol, nope, you got it perfectly.
    B

7. T. Ruth says:

@ rose

And if TMH was considered the primary parent (as Kaine himself finally admitted), why didn’t she sue PPS? What was Wagner’s advice to her? What was Houzes? Her rep was ruined, her baby girl was taken from her, so when DY dropped her suit, why didn’t TMH turn around and sue PPS for answers? She was accused (by media & other parents) of losing Kyron under her care, why would she not prove herself innocent by showing that blame actually belonged to PPS? I just still don’t get this.

Im not in the business of speaking about what someone was advised by counsel, but I CAN tell you without reservation that TH would have filed suit against PPS in a hot minute if she had standing to do so. The law is clear on this point. Parenting responsibility is not any sort of legal custody unless the court (by some means) had determined that, which was not the case here. I will say that to this day I am stunned that PPS got a pass by the bios- most especially when Porter’s deposition outright admits negligence. Not just because of the obvious- but this kid was never marked absent would have sent me through the roof. In contrast, some parents removed their kids from this school- including the former head of the PTA and an ADA.

B

8. cd says:

Rose says:
    September 22, 2017 at 5:20 pm
    It is unfathomable why neither bio
    sued PPS to get at the truth of the
    negligence-greased abduction. The
    school was the site of the abduction.
    Neither can be THAT provincial or self-
    involved.
    ——————————
    If they would have sued the school then TH probably would have been subpoenaed as a witness and questioned on the stand under oath. The school would try to shift the blame to her. DY or Kaine might have gotten more information as well as monies for searches and private detectives. If DY really wanted TH to tell them anything how better to do it then get her on a witness stand on the schools dime.

I guess DY would rather run some slut shaming Facebook page against TH then get real information about what happened to Kyron, and Kaine seems happy with his car shows and collecting money for his foundation.

Maybe there is some reason why Kaine and DY don’t want to end up on a witness stand under oath.

9. erose says:

It’s as if there is an alliance between two people (3 if you count TY) who previously seemed to not agree on much else.

Rose says:
    September 22, 2017 at 5:20 pm

It is unfathomable why neither bio
    sued PPS to get at the truth of the
    negligence-greased abduction. The
    school was the site of the abduction.
    Neither can be THAT provincial or self-
    involved.
    B

10. erose says:

o/t Watching the A&E series “The Murder of Laci Peterson” and in Scott Peterson’s appellate process one of the issues the defense raises is a flier sent out by the Modesto PD asking if anyone had seen Peterson’s boat at the marina (his alibi). The advertisement of where he was gave an alternative perpetrator the location necessary to pin the murder on SP. It was reminiscent
    to me of the TH flier of TH and the truck.

Oye. I personally do not see how it could have been anyone other than Peterson, (look I am as bad as a juror, lol) but is it really possible 5-6 additional witnesses who claim they saw Lacey walking the dog that morning are actually lying or have their day wrong when they also described what she was wearing? My point- he likely killed her and dumped her in the very bay he was fishing over on the 24th. That said, the prosecution has an obligation to present the bill of particulars accurately in a capital murder case. I will point out it is now a felony in CA- prosecutorial misconduct.
    B

11. erose says:

I wonder how much influence LE had over KH and how much he publically said about his movements on June 4, 2010. What is weird is that TH’s movements were made readily available for scrutiny. Her friend went public with her emails and DY and KH released information on TH’s movements. Then NO ONE publically will release her alibi. LE has really not said anything. It has mostly been info from the bios, they have controlled the narrative.

Fwiw, Kaine is definitely on speed dial in constant contact with MCSO. He also shares a child with TMH who has joint legal custody that is monitored “by the courts” so one has noticed he has NOT made any disparaging comments re TMH or her potential for involvement in years. DY and KH publicly disagreed on the content of the alleged emails and I have seen/heard DY state false information (I don’t know if it is intentional or what she is being told except to say I am 100% sure TMH is still MCSO defacto suspect so she likely does not care). So indirectly and through the bios, LE has and is controlling the narrative.
    B

12. A Texas Grandfather says:

I think that MCSO has owned Kaine Horman since the Steroid issue and they have turned him into a Criminal Informant. That is how Kaine did not go to jail along with others in the illegal steroid operation. And how he kept his job at Intel.

I believe there is also a hidden reason that LE, both PPB and MCSO did not do a proper investigation of the school.

MCSO is protecting their CI and assisting him along with the courts to get rid of Terri so that he does not have to pay child support.

The entire Criminal Justice system within Multnomah County has been compromised by a gang of “good ole boys & girls” that care only about themselves and how much money they can make. Some legal and some not.

The thing is though, I don’t think if KH is/was a CI it was for MCSO in any capacity- it was for the DEA or a Joint Fed task force of some kind. The bottom line is that his associates were charged in Fed court directly from investigative information gleaned from his sons disappearance- that is not in dispute by any person. Thus, my concern that I cannot exclude he acted as a CI. That is usually the case when others are charged you had personal transactions with and you did not. There are other reasons, but I cannot publicly disclose them.
    B

13. Rose says:

@TRuth. Terri had no standing as Blink says against pps wrt negligence. Her target was Staton and mcso for defamation–damages = loss of livelihood, reputation, loss of potential employment with region’s biggest hirer if teachers, stalkers, the defamation in the RO/custody case, She’s a private citizen, & MCSO coukdn’t prove factual truthfulness. Her problem is insurmountable tho it was a Judge (heh throw him in the suit, he can claim herelied on DA’s representation in defense and thus supply mcso’s culpability) that said she’s the de facto suspect, not mcso. So where’s the defamatory statement? This is why mcso has spoken only indirectly thru the bios. they have been more than willingly used.
    —-
    The best behavioral evidence Kaine thinks Terri solely responsible for k’s abduction is the sending of kiara to Skyline. He knew no random SZ was out there but Terri did it, thus kiara would be as safe at Skyline as any other school. Imo he does not believe Terri did it, but tgat’s the message he tried to send.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI