Dr. Phil Show Hosts Missing Portland Child Kyron Horman’s Step Mom Terri Horman Over Two Episodes

Posted by Christina Stoy | Desiree Young,Dr. Phil McGraw,Kaine Horman,Kyron Horman,Multnomah County Sheriffs Office,Shitshow,Uncategorized | Wednesday 21 September 2016 3:18 pm

I have been covering this case since Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School in June, 2010.    Like most missing persons cases I have covered in the past,  I am of the strong opinion that best efforts at the truth are the only way to propel investigations that, similarly to Kyron’s, have gone cold for one reason or another.   This approach has worked in resolving some of my previous cases.    I am proud of that.  I remain steadfast to the integrity involved in those and future cases.

Over the past 10 months (or so) I have been developing an updated series on Kyron’s case to include my multiple interviews with Kyron’s step-mom,  Terri Horman.   Needless to say as she was the subject of at least three simultaneous cases before an Oregon court and remains a person of interest by the agency investigating her sons disappearance, this has been an arduous and sometimes delicate journey.    Ms. Horman’s experiences during the ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Kyron Horman are critically important to propelling his case and with great hope- finding the truth about what happened to this cherubic and innocent child.    There are dozens of sources,  collateral interviews, forensic experts and legal analysts that also contribute to my series and have done so because of their belief that my motivation is to bring to light information and opinions in such a way that would almost “require” a focused review of Kyron’s case and the likely shaking of that proverbial tree everyone talks about.

Set to publish about 6-ish weeks ago I was asked to postpone the first installment of the series, which I did.  I subsequently learned Ms. Horman was participating in the Dr. Phil program after she completed taping.  Dr. Phils producers were well aware that Ms. Horman had interviewed with me extensively, and anticipated my series would be publishing information that was not known to the public previously in the days prior to her scheduled episode.    When Ms. Horman conveyed to me that she feels obligated to speak out about “her son” in any national medium that will have her,   I most certainly respected that.  I still do.

While Dr. Phil seems like a gregarious fellow for sure,   I have zero interest in being associated with his program, nor do I believe his shows content is designed to do any furtherance of investigation or truth.  There is much concern (although I have no affiliation to the show whatsoever) that the timing of the publication of my series on the Kyron Horman matter might be interpreted differently or inadvertently contribute to the programs content or audience reactions.     Not what I signed on for.   A missing 7 year old boy six years running is not a framework for entertaining a target audience.   He is not fodder for online social media bully campaigns- yet it occurs.

I will be publishing my series on Kyron’s case at a later date, in it’s entirety with no editing adjustments as a result of any of the appearances on Dr. Phil.   I appreciate your patience and your understanding.   Feel free to discuss the show below.

Related Posts:

3,456 Comments

1. erose says:

btw, Go Poland!

2. Ode says:

Forgive me if I am incorrect but Terri received an award or grant or some such thing from the BPA and wasn’t BPA at Skyline the day Kyron disappeared. Did anyone from BPA have any contact with Kyron before that day? I know we have discussed this, just like we have discussed bloody socks and Christmas Tree Farms but this is one of the areas of interest that still flashes on the virtual white board for me. Did the Science Fair attendance list only include people there specifically for the Fair? Was there anyone there after the fair not listed?

3. erose says:

I can’t expand the picture on my laptop. Can anyone see who the boy with the glasses is in the front row wearing the yellow shirt.

Because of the age, I do not believe that young lad is Kyron. He does remind me of the boy I have always mentioned looked so much like Kyron and was present in the classroom when the exchange with SZ occurred that for a very long time I could not exclude the possibility this may have been some sort of mistaken identity issue. He even had the same glasses. Since those initial pics, a source shared additional pics of the child that indicated he had noticeably darker hair than Kyron and was taller/older. As a result I gave it a much lower probability from “cannot exclude”. I cannot confirm it, but if I were a betting sort, my bet would be this is that little boy.
    B

4. erose says:

ot ATG, Is the hiccup story about Churchill drawing the borders for the Trans-Jordan Territory true?

o/t: I am fascinated with Churchill. If you are a Netflix person, “The Queen” gives a fascinating portrayal of him, played by John Lithgow- was just nominated for an emmy for his role. Brilliance.
    B

5. erose says:

Hmmm, what to make of BPA’s wind power.

06-13-11

snip>

Bonneville owns 80 percent of the transmission system in the Pacific Northwest, and its transmission policies fundamentally impact all market participants in the region. For the past four years, Bonneville has been moving away from open transmission access and competitive markets, and the Environmental Redispatch Protocol is the most egregious example of undue
    discrimination thus far. The Commission must act to protect the very foundation of existing bilateral markets in the Pacific Northwest – markets that cannot properly function if a party can abandon its contractual obligations and unilaterally use its transmission system to impose its own
    operating regime to benefit its preferred power customer base. Moreover, this proceeding is critical to ensuring that Bonneville cannot harm adjoining regions, such as California, by substituting renewable resources with its own hydro generation and thereby subverting the ability
    of other regions to meet their statutory renewable portfolio standards. Bonneville’s Final ROD also creates substantial disincentives to development of renewable generation in the Pacific Northwest, and is inconsistent with the Obama Administration’s policies on renewable energy resource development.12

6. Gwen says:

erose says:
    July 25, 2017 at 9:02 pm

I (with the help of hubby) have just spent the past hour trying to use photo editing software to enlarge that photo. We can enlarge it, but due to its resolution we cannot make it a clear photo.

Anyway, that most assuredly looks like Ky. Although I am puzzled by the date of the photo and the size of the child. If that photo is from August, 2007, and if it is Ky, then he would be four/very soon to be five years old. The child in the photo seems to me to be a little too big to be so young.

Gwen- I do not believe it can be Kyron, working on confirmation but to your point, I believe Kyron’s age precludes him.
    B